PDA

View Full Version : Wanted CB or LTC genus Gekko, Ptychozoon, Cyrtodactylus, Coleonyx

Giantsfan24
05-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Quick request, please read the entire post before responding via PM.

I am looking for geckos in the genus Gekko, Ptychozoon, Cyrtodactylus, and even Coleonyx . Gender is not important. What is important first, is health. If you have an LTC you must have a stellar rep here on FC. If CB, you must be able to prove it.

Second and almost as important is handleability. While I don't expect them to be a bearded dragon, I also understand some are naturally handleable or have been worked with to achieve this state. Let me also define terms. By handleable, I don't mean they fly around the cage at the site of you and only when they are taken out do they calm down. I mean they are still calm when you go in the cage.

If you have one who shows a natural calmness(boldness) but hasn't been worked with, let me know. I may still be interested.

I know my requirements eliminate alot of the available animals now. That's ok. I'm willing to wait for the right animal. HUGE plus if you are local to southern California.

If you have a non common species(or species that is massively WC but you have a CBB animal), or just plain cool gecko that fits this bill, shoot me a PM. By uncommon it means I'm not interested in anything from the formally Rhac Genus or Leopard/Fat Tails.

As far as handling geckos goes, I know some look down on the handling of geckos except for cage cleaning. While I respect your opinion, in my 20 years of keeping herps, the occasional(1-2 per week) 10-15 minute handling session has not yielded any negative results when done correctly. I do not expect them to be dogs(and loathe the term dog tame) but do know these awesome animals are more intelligent than some give them credit for and once comfortable with you, seem to regard us as just a part of their habitat(and their source of food). OK, I'll get down off my soapbox now lol

PM me if you know or have such an animal

P.S. My apology for coming off gruff in my previous post about the gecko tamer. I realize you guys were trying to help and I'm sorry.