PDA

View Full Version : Huffman Breeding Plans

ianedward1
06-28-2015, 06:27 PM
So I recently came across a Huffman male on a deal that was too good to pass up. Since he was an impulse purchase, I don't really have any plans on what to breed him with. Anyone have some interesting ideas out there? I was wondering about maybe a Mahogany since the Huffman has such a huge effect on the darker morphs. Also he is Poss. Het Pied.

Pasodama
06-30-2015, 01:17 PM
Other than seeing them, and seeing some nice combos, I have no experience with the Huffman. With that, am not sure what to tell you as far as what would be best.
However, it seems that a Mahogany may not be a bad choice.
I especially like what Huffman does with darker morphs. Such as crosses with Black Pastel, etc.
Another option, if possible, is to try proving out whether, or not, your Huffman is het Pied.

Big Borg Reptiles
07-02-2015, 09:18 PM
I was debating on picking up a Huffman solely to pair with my mahoganies. They both do awesome stuff with dark morphs, so what would they do together?

Pasodama
07-02-2015, 11:34 PM
I would love to see a Mahogany Huffman.
Could be wrong but I don’t think one has been produced yet.

Big Borg Reptiles
07-03-2015, 12:31 AM
I don't think so Deb. When I was contemplating it I did a lot of searching and didn't find any evidence it's been done.

ianedward1
07-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen many Huffman mixes out there besides the standard dominant genes. I think Mahogany could make something cool maybe. Also, I haven't seen a Huffman Pied yet. And, Dear Lord, a Pied Black Pearl possibility?!? I would call it the Captain Jack (Sparrow).

Reptile Frenzy
07-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Huffman does combo well with darker morphs. Just look up Slick and you will see what we are talking about!

chrisis697
07-05-2015, 01:30 PM
I agree with everyone else, shoot for the darker morphs it blends well in my opinion. Put some ghost/hypo in there "oh yeah" good luck with him.