PDA

View Full Version : Dinkers

ballpythonspastel
07-03-2015, 11:07 PM
The one in the first two pics I hatched out a while back, really neat looking the pairing was a pastel to a het pied. . The second snake, just came out of the egg this morning. He is results from a lied to het pied. He's a lot darker than the rest and has a great pattern ! Just thought I'd post these two to get some opinions.

ballpythonspastel
07-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Here's a pic of the other...don't know why they didn't upload right

snowgyre
07-04-2015, 02:33 PM
In my experience, het pieds almost act as a codominant trait in some really good lines, influencing the pattern of heterozygous offspring. When given a clutch of 66% hets I can almost invariably pick out the ones I suspect are going to prove. I have *not* tested this, but if I had to gamble with possible hets, I'd gamble with the pretty ones.

I've attached a few photos below. The first is of a clutch of het x het breeding. All normals are 66% het for pied. The two on the right had strong railroad markings. The one in the upper left corner had mild railroad markings. The one in the middle had the most normal pattern and no railroad markings. With a het x het breeding, every 2 out of 3 normals should be a het, hence the 66% chance. Three out of four had markings, the last was probably a normal.

The second photo is of the father of the above clutch. He was only a 100% het for pied.

The third photo is of his daughter, the first pied I ever hatched. She's staying right here with me. She is gorgeous and almost looks like a pastel or yellowbelly pied. She's over 1000 grams now and her yellows are intense.

As with any recessive or codominant gene, always ask to see the parents. Exceptional parents typically make exceptional offspring. With such a small collection, I can afford to be choosy in what I buy, so I only buy the best. ;-)

Reptile Frenzy
07-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Love the reduced pattern on that second one.