PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Yellow cow
08-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Hello everyone! this is my first post. I have had reptiles for years but I am officially going to set a goal to breed my bp. I currently have a female lavender albino. I would like to make some killer black pastel lavs with her! (The father of my female was a black pastel het. Lav. And the mother was a simple recessive lav albino. ) I think I want to breed her to a black pastel het. Lav . Does this sound like a viable plan? What can I do to make highlighter level brightness out of these babies? My ultimate goal is to just keeput improving the brightness with every clutch. How do you guys think I should go about that? Is there a better combo to increase the brightness of the lav? Any input is welcome thank you for reading.

Big Borg Reptiles
08-01-2015, 08:55 PM
I know that pastel will make normal albinos much nicer looking, but in your case you will probably want to just look at line breeding. That is, find a male that looks especially nice and pay a little bit more for it. If you start with nice, bright stock, the babies will usually be a reflection of this.

In addition, I personally wouldn't breed any of the babies back. I know a lot of breeders do I, but I think inbreeding established morphs is incredibly irresponsible and ends up causing offspring with health issues or weakened genetics.