PDA

View Full Version : HGW

Fedwa001
01-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Okay I have looked around and haven't found the answer I am looking for. What the heck is a Hidden Gene Woma? I feel stupid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Deuce
01-07-2016, 12:25 AM
It's a morph. It's COMPLETELY different from the other morph simply called Woma. And that morph is completely different from the SPECIES, woma python. Woma was called such because it resembles a woma python's pattern. The Hidden Gene Woma looked like a Woma ball, but it did some wacky stuff to offsping that the "normal" Woma didn't. So Kevin said, "There must be a gene hidden in there..." -- hence the name Hidden Gene Woma.

snowgyre
01-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Hidden gene woma granite is a codominant gene but with a (nearly always) fatal super form. In the heterozygous form, the animal can wobble, similar to other genes (e.g. champagne, spider). Also, HGWG has fatal combinations with some other genes.

Like Zachary said, HGWG is completely different from the woma ball python morph and the woma python of Australia. I personally like how they look, but some folks choose not to keep them in their collections due to the issues above.

Fedwa001
01-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Thanks that helped a lot. No wonder my local shop is selling so cheap. I may pick her up anyway she kinda looks cool.

Fedwa001
01-07-2016, 06:18 PM
So one more question. How much would you pay for one? She is a baby.

Dbz4246
01-07-2016, 08:52 PM
So one more question. How much would you pay for one? She is a baby.

If you search in the classifieds, im sure you can find plenty to compare prices to.

Deuce
01-07-2016, 11:05 PM
Personally, if it's a hatchling-subadult between $100-$250. If it's a proven breeder, around $400-600. All dependent upon size and gender, of course. But that's just me. Checking personals is a good idea (though I haven't).