PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

cummins450
05-28-2016, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone I'm just getting into breeding ball pythons and I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to breed my pastel mojave bee to. If any one has any suggestions I'm open to them and would greatly appreciate your help.

snowgyre
05-28-2016, 09:32 AM
I'm not partial to confusing supers, so I'd avoid breeding him to a girl in the BEL complex (e.g. lesser, butter, mojave). If you would like to go the inexpensive (but still perfectly pretty) route with classic genes, I would breed him to a girl that has a none-white super. Enchi would be a great addition, although fire and yellowbelly would also be really complimentary even though the supers are all white snakes (but not in the blue-eyed leucistic complex, so breeding lesser/butter/mojave to fire/yellowbelly/disco etc. would not produce white snakes).

If you're willing to invest a little bit more, orange dream and GHI are good options. I don't think I'd recommend blackhead, since spider and blackhead are allelic and produce normalish-looking snakes.

I recommend doing some google image searchers or visiting World of Ball Pythons to see what combinations you like, then get a female that would give you a chance of getting them.

Randy F
05-30-2016, 10:38 AM
First question is yours a male or female? Second, how much do you want to spend? If yours is a male and you only want to spend $300 you are looking at a one to two gene animal. If yours is female then you can get a 3 gene male. I agree with Vanessa that enchi, fire, and yb are great additions. What really matters is the direction you want to go. If you like super stripes, highways or pumas you want to go yb. If want bright snakes then enchi or fire will work. Now on a flip side, if you really want a bel then you can breed it to something in that complex and make nice combos but just not know what's in the bel unless it shows up under blacklight or you wait and breed.

Lucille
05-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Matthew that is a beautiful snake you got there.:)

Pasodama
05-30-2016, 01:51 PM
You have been given some nice suggestions.
There are more but that could depend on whether, or not, you have a certain look, color, etc., that you prefer.
Personally, I would avoid breeding to another ball morph that carries the Spider, &/or wobble, gene.

cummins450
05-31-2016, 05:47 PM
She is a female and I just picked up a nice enchi to breed to her hopefully next year if she gets up to weight by then she is at 755g right now. Thank you for the comments and suggestions.