PDA

View Full Version : BEL with yellow markings?

Big Borg Reptiles
09-20-2016, 07:47 PM
Mystery BEL female. I have no info on the parents, all I was told was that she was purchased as an ivory at one of the expos in the area.

I've personally never seen an ivory with baby blues, so I figure that this must be a leucistic complex animal. The question is, which one? I know it's impossible to tell without breeding, but I've never even seen a BEL with a yellow line down its back and yellow markings on the face. The markings clearly have an ivory look to them, which I'm sure is why the original seller thought she was ivory, but again, the blue eyes make me think otherwise.

Am I wrong and this is an ivory? My first thought was a super pastel super mojave or pastel opal diamond or something like that, but the heads on both of those are still "dirty" and this girl is nice and clean. Her head is too white for me to even think she's an ivory.

Anyone produce BELs with yellow markings or know a combo that would do that? The good news is it's a female so she won't be an issue to breed out, but I also hate not having a clue.

Pasodama
09-20-2016, 09:43 PM
Definitely not an Ivory.
I would guess either Super Lesser/Butter or Lesser/Butter Mojave.
Slight chance of White Diamond.
Regardless, as you know, breeding will tell.

Big Borg Reptiles
09-20-2016, 10:24 PM
I was thinking it was most likely a combo of two of the three most common bel genes (lesser, Mojave, or Russo) but haven't ever seen that yellow patterning on one. Not sure if pastel will do that but I dont think it does.

And I agree, as soon as I saw it I said that it's definitely not an ivory.

Pasodama
09-20-2016, 10:30 PM
I have seen that yellow patterning on some.

Big Borg Reptiles
09-21-2016, 12:01 AM
I have seen that yellow patterning on some.

Oh OK, good to know. I thought maybe it was particular to a certain combo. I'll just have to wait and see what she produces. Thanks for the input!

phoenix-cry
09-21-2016, 10:40 PM
I love her yellow markings! Whatever she proves to be she's a stunner, but I agree not an Ivory at all.

Big Borg Reptiles
09-22-2016, 01:06 AM
I love her yellow markings! Whatever she proves to be she's a stunner.

Thanks, I really like her too. She's a little skinnier than I'd prefer but I'm sure she'll be fine once she gets on a normal feeding schedule.

ShawneeAlice
09-22-2016, 01:26 AM
Her yellow face stripes are where my pastel ivory has black stripes :D She's really cute, Can't really go wrong with any type of BEL in my opinion!
http://imgur.com/a/AwO8j