PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful *Unrelated* Pair of False Water Cobras

Wes_Anderson
01-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I have a beautiful unrelated pair of false water cobras (Hydrodynastes gigas) for sale. Regrettably, I need to sell them in preparation for college in the fall, and I do not want to be stuck with two awesome snakes that I cannot take with me nor find anyone to take care of them when the time comes to leave.

They were purchased from Bill Gillingham of Great Valley Serpentarium in California. The male is around 4’ and the female is approaching 5’.They have been feeding regularly on adult mice though the past month or so with the cooler weather they have gone off feed. I believe this is in part due to the male going into “breeding mode”. He has repeatedly tried to copulate with the female, but I do not believe she has been receptive. If they are not successful this winter, they will most surely be in 2005.

I am asking $375 for the pair. Considering that these snakes will pay for themselves and more after one clutch, this is quite a deal and an investment.

Act quick and I will throw in between 50 and 100 frozen mice.

I will not ship these snakes. For legal purposes they are considered venomous and I am not taking the time to establish a Delta shipping account. I will not sell to anyone who is under 18 years of age or someone who does not have any experience with snakes. Although these guys are so incredibly docile they are still venomous. I would prefer to sell to someone who intends to breed them just as I had. I have given them the best care since I have received them, they have provided me with hours of enjoyment, and I expect that they will continue to receive the best care. Please do not be offended if I ask for age verification or inquire into your past keeping experiences.

Though I will not ship these snakes, I live very close to Hamburg, Pennsylvania and will deliver to any of the shows which are scheduled for the following dates:
February 26, 2005
April 30, 2005
June 4, 2005

I will also deliver within reasonable distance from my home in Lancaster, Pennsylvania throughout southeast/southcentral PA. Money for these animals must be received prior to delivery unless other arrangements have been made.

Regards,
Wesley Anderson

Below I have included several pictures.

The pair together

The female

The male

The vision cage they are housed in

herpaholic
01-07-2005, 07:49 PM
hey if you wish not to get rid of your kid s I may b able to help,email me if interested-have well known,excellent references-i would like to breed them-if not email me anyhow still may b interested-am local-j