PDA

View Full Version : New Baby

Ginger Ambrose
04-18-2005, 10:48 AM
I GOT MY NEW BABY !!!!!!

:dancer01: I am so excited, I am a boa owner again. (or she owns me)
I got this beautiful baby girl, yesterday. She is a pastel boa yearling.
She tried to bite me the second her previous owner took her out. Thus her name. BABS this is for Bad A** Baby Snake. She is settling in well and seems to love her new cage. She has a large aquarium and has investigated evey inch already. She was housed in a rubbermade bin before. I think she likes to see whats going on around her.
For now she is residing at my office as I spend 10 hours a day here, and usually not a lot of traffic (behind my desk). This way after she has settled in a bit I can start getting her used to being handled. Before she gets to go "home".
If anyone has any advice or tips just let me know. I hope to replace my camera soon so I can post pictures of Babs.

Thanks for sharing my joy.
Ginger Ambrose

"You are never to old to learn" :dancer01:

Ginger Ambrose
04-20-2005, 09:07 AM
She is doing very well. I fed her yesterday and she is a piggy. She ate two fuzzie mice like they were popcorn (f/t). Then was looking around like maybe there were a few more that magically appeared in there for her.
Ordered some hoppers from rodentpro, the fuzzies I had to get until the hoppers come in. Local "pet store" 13.00 for 6 of the tineiest mice I have ever seen. What a rip off !
But the "baby" must eat.
I am still just bursting with excitement over her. :crazy03:

Ginger Ambrose

"You're never too old to learn"

snakewrangler89
04-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Haha my local petstore has the "small mouse syndrome" too. I ask for a hopper and its as big as a pinky covered with fur...very interesting..lmao...