PDA

View Full Version : Hamburg 6/4

hhmoore
06-05-2005, 02:56 AM
So, how did everybody (buyers and sellers) make out?
For me, this was more like the Hamburg shows I used to love (I had been left somewhat disenchanted after the last few). If I had more space, and was not restricted by the laws of NYS, I could have spent thousands today. Since I don't, and I am; I left with several new frogs, a few snakes, and some hard goods (though not all of what I was looking for). It was nice to be having to make decisions about which animals I would take home; since the last two times I was there, I was almost desperately trying to find something to buy (I hate driving almost 4 hours one way, and coming home empty handed...but I did). I judiciously ruled out a few very viable options, and came home with cash that I will set aside for the last few wishlist items...whenever they come along.

nicolai
06-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Despite the heat and humidity it was a good show. Lots of venomous there. The prices were very good as well i thought. The gentleman ( DR. something) selling the venemoids made some good money even with the several people that kept going over to his table to tell him and perspective buyers how cruel it is. Did you see the 10.00 leos that looked like they were on deaths door??

hhmoore
06-05-2005, 03:53 AM
honestly, I didn't pay any attention to the leos...but if i had to guess, they were a couple of tables down from Serpent's Den, toward the back. probably like the 2nd or 3rd table from the back.
I am against venomoids, but I don't haunt their tables, lol. I did do something like that to somebody once - he owed me a bunch of money & wasn't paying, so I hovered by his table and generally was a PIA to him until he figured i was ruining business & it was better to just pay me and get rid of me.

devenomized
06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Despite the heat and humidity it was a good show. Lots of venomous there. The prices were very good as well i thought. The gentleman ( DR. something) selling the venemoids made some good money even with the several people that kept going over to his table to tell him and perspective buyers how cruel it is. Did you see the 10.00 leos that looked like they were on deaths door??

What people? Nobody stopped at our table to discuss anything about venomoids! LOL You are such a storyteller :shootfoot

devenomized
06-12-2007, 03:28 PM
honestly, I didn't pay any attention to the leos...but if i had to guess, they were a couple of tables down from Serpent's Den, toward the back. probably like the 2nd or 3rd table from the back.
I am against venomoids, but I don't haunt their tables, lol. I did do something like that to somebody once - he owed me a bunch of money & wasn't paying, so I hovered by his table and generally was a PIA to him until he figured i was ruining business & it was better to just pay me and get rid of me.

I am not against voids, but I think what you did to get your money was right. :iagree:

garweft
06-12-2007, 07:36 PM
What people? Nobody stopped at our table to discuss anything about venomoids! LOL You are such a storyteller :shootfoot

That post is 2 years old. You should check dates before calling someone a storyteller. :shootfoot