PDA

View Full Version : ternate female 1 clutch 6

rodneynboalich
09-08-2019, 04:43 PM
female 1 from clutch 6.. hatch date 5/27. weight after first shed 123 grams... breeding was wc male 5 x wc female 4...

im the only person producing ternates in captivity...i own all 11 wc ternates in the US... i was able to get them imported in 2013 and 2014 before the ban... ternate is a small island, just over 40sq miles, off the west coast of halmahera island...

ternates are dwarf retics but not the same sub species as the common dwarfs and sds that other people have, like jamps, kayuadis, kalatoas. ternates technically arnt really recognized by science yet.. theres been very little study on them... i probably have more info on ternate island retics than the whole scientific community...

my adults range from 7ft to my largest female 12ft... they have a very heavy body type, similar to selayars... they lay very large eggs for their size, around 200 grams on average, which causes them to lay much smaller clutches then other retics...

ternate island retics, as of right now are the only locality that is able to be reproduced in captivity long term without inbreeding, because of how many wc adults i have... i have produced 7 f1 clutches so far.. which makes ternates the most established locality in the US... and iv done that in two breeding seasons...

terantes are the hands down the best locality available in the US... they are a dwarf with makes them smaller and a manageable pet.. they have a lot of variation of colors and patterns and this means they have a greater color range and complex pattern structure to work with ... they improve the looks of morphs when used for out crossing, while genetically strengthening the overly inbred retics being produced. and there is enough wc ternates to continue breeding them without inbreeding...

if youre interested in more info on ternates, you can go to my youtube.. i have lots of videos of them and my other localities

thank you
rodney boalich