PDA

View Full Version : Proceed with caution: gj_snakemaster

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Ok, I know many of you saw the post for an adult female albino ball python for only $2,000!! Luckly(mabe not so luckly) I was the first person to email him. But his pictures don't look like the same animal to me! He emailed me two more pictures beside the one that he had on the ad. NONE look the same to me!

The first picture is the one in his ad.
The second picture is the first he emailed me.
The third picture is the second picture that he emailed me.

I would appreciate as much feed-back as possible and as soon as possible!!

Thanks Erik

pch101
08-10-2005, 12:49 AM
The first and the third are definitely not the same snake, the second pic is not complete and not very close up either, so it is a really tough call. It does vaguely resembles the third pic, but is in my opinion, different from both the first and the third pics. In short, I would say that none of the pics match any of the others.

Laura Fopiano
08-10-2005, 12:50 AM
No way!! Based on the saddle formations and the white spots inside the saddles, they don't match up. Where's Ben Segal, he's great at this!!

pch101
08-10-2005, 12:51 AM
I looked them over again, and for all it is worth, I am 100% sure none of them are the same snake.

pch101
08-10-2005, 12:53 AM
The snakemaster needs to change his name to the fakemaster...

LakesideBoas
08-10-2005, 12:55 AM
The two bottom pictures in no way resemble the top one.

I could argue that the two bottom pictures are of different sides of the snake, but in my eyes the dorsal blotches don't match up to each other either, so IMO they are three different snakes. Very nice snakes, but different.

**do they have a little red warning flag icon any where?**

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Yelp!! I didn't think any of these pictures matched either! I am really getting sick and tired with scamers. I can't wait till he emails me back with an excuse!

We should all search online to see where these pictures came from!! The one with the can with it........ I've seen it somewhere. Do you want to hear his excuse for the picture with the can in it and why it only loaded half of it! Here it is: uploaded this one and half of the other one and for some reason my ink ran out, dont ask me, somehow i used ink in copying, and it wont run until i replace my cyan, lol i know, its the stupidest thing ive ever heard, heres this one and half of the one with the can.

Thanks for all your imput guys! Keep it coming!!

Thanks Erik

LakesideBoas
08-10-2005, 01:02 AM
That is not possible. I think most of his computer problems are located between the keyboard and the chair...

I still can't find a little red warning flag icon, but I'm sure some are waving right now...got your running shoes on?:bolt01:

pch101
08-10-2005, 01:09 AM
I have seen that first pic somewhere before...

The BoidSmith
08-10-2005, 01:28 AM
When did he e-mailed you the third picture? The date written seems legit, although who knows who took it.

Regards.

Sasheena
08-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Here I thought this would be a brain-teaser. Nope, no way. Not the same snakes.

Some points of difference.. things I see on only one animal but not on all three:

Snake #1: Four evenly spaced coin shaped dots on the spine between the "tooth-shaped" blotches on either side near the tail of the snake. Five "Alien" marks in a row with eyes (white dots). Only three crossover blotches. None next to one another.

Snake #2: Elongated dorsal blotches. Thin space between the side blotches. (not a wide "black back" if it wasn't albino). One pair of crossover blotches and possibly another crossover blotch just before the photograph ... "ran out of ink." ... ?

Snake #3: At least six "bands" crossover blotches that cross the dorsal white stripe. Five in one grouping, one by itself.

Now... if he's going to send you ALL THREE for $2000...

hhmoore
08-10-2005, 02:36 AM
I saw this too late to offer any new wisdom...but they are all different snakes

gila7150
08-10-2005, 05:30 AM
It's obviously 3 different snakes. He probably cropped the one photo to get rid of the name of the business he stole it from.

By the way, it should also be mentioned that this snake was advertised as a 2600g female. That's either the world's biggest cypress mulch or another blatant lie.

Jim O
08-10-2005, 06:53 AM
I looked them over again, and for all it is worth, I am 100% sure none of them are the same snake.I missed most of this, but as I recall, James was first to "out" Bill Leverton. I wouldn't argue with his powers of observation.

So...gj_snakemaster, here's your sign. :toiletcla Wear it everywhere you go.

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Well I'm sorry I'm not Ben but I hope I'll suffice for the meantime :)

All three snakes are in fact different. I've actually seen two of those photos before, I wish I could remember where. If I run across them, I'll post the links.

The fact that the one photo is cropped in a odd way over what appears to be a pepsi can is one dead giveaway. Huge red flag there..... Obviously trying to hide something that would give away the original origin of the photo.

Anyways, I'll attach some makeshift photos here.... The colored circles match corresponding "inconsistencies"

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 08:02 AM
And I apologize, I'm not a MS Paint professional LOL :)

DAND
08-10-2005, 08:08 AM
And I apologize, I'm not a MS Paint professional LOL :)

A pair a dent lee :raspberry

Jim O
08-10-2005, 08:09 AM
And I apologize, I'm not a MS Paint professional LOL :)That's for sure... :raspberry

LOL J/K.

Jim O
08-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Darn it Dave, you beat me to it.

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Well I found the first one I've seen before....

http://cvexotics.com/ball_albino_test.html

Fourth thumbnail down....

http://cvexotics.com/site_pics/balls/albino_ball3.jpg

I'll let you know if and when I locate the other.

Alas, this POS possible heterozygous scammer has proven. My job is done.

DAND
08-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Well I found the first one I've seen before....

http://cvexotics.com/ball_albino_test.html

Fourth thumbnail down....

http://cvexotics.com/site_pics/balls/albino_ball3.jpg

I'll let you know if and when I locate the other.

Alas, this POS possible heterozygous scammer has proven. My job is done.

Way to go Chris!!!!!!!! Sounds like a new BOI Bad Guy thread coming soon to a monitor near you. :rofl:

gmherps
08-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Is this even a comparrison?

The BoidSmith
08-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Erik,

It seems that the “proceed with caution” is history now. Do you have any more information on this person?

Regards.

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 08:59 AM
After looking at that other "cropped" photo for a while it looked more and morel ike the top of that soda can was put there after-the-fact and perhaps the scammer decided to crop it due to his horrible hack job on the original photo.

Nonetheless. I found the second and last stolen photo.......

Here is the page: http://www.ballpython.ca/collection.html

(It is the photo representing the link the albino ball pythons under "Ball Python Morph Collection")

Here is the REAL image:

http://www.ballpython.ca/images/collection%20page/albino_coll_150.jpg

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 08:59 AM
NOW my job is done, Enjoy the converation to come. Talk to you all later :)

Crested Lady
08-10-2005, 09:17 AM
And here I was... all ready to whip out my photo shop skills. Lol. I'm not a snake person, but I do know that those snakes are definitely not the same. (Especially after the origins of the photos have been found. Ahh, if only I'd read all the way through the thread before preparing myself for the cropping masterpiece of the millenia. Lol.) This thread reminds me of another.... :)

Crested Lady
08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Quick question, where did you see the ad?

Junkyard
08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
I was just about to post those Chris , you beat me, good job. Quick Erik buy that Ball before the photo is stollen.

pch101
08-10-2005, 09:41 AM
I have notified both of the proper owners of the photos. Nice work Chris!

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 09:44 AM
I also did the same when I found the photos.

DAND
08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
NOW my job is done, Enjoy the converation to come. Talk to you all later :)

Oh sure, disturb the hornet's nest and sit back and watch the aftermath. :dgrin:

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Well looks as if that photo with his name on it is even stolen too!

I just got off the telephone with Joe Dembinski of Dembinski Reptiles. It is in fact a photo of a 80 gram MALE baby this individual inquired about that Joe was selling. The snake itself is actually listed here in fauna's classified section.

Link: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_classifieds/showproduct.php?product=7149&sort=1&cat=10&page=3

Photo:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_classifieds/data/10/1472Picture_012.jpg

What happened was this person contacted Joe and asked for a "personalized" photo along side a "pop can or with a name or such" to prove ti was in fact his snake, that he was trying to avoid being scammed. How ironic! LOL!

Joe was not able to post this information and asked me to do it on his behalf.

Three for three folks. Safe to say a mod can turn the title of this thread into (BAD GUY)

Joe will email me a few more photos of the animal later this morning or afternoon so you guys can have a better comparison.

DAND
08-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Doing a search for gj_snakemaster here in the member search comes up with no results. What is this person's real name?

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Oh sure, disturb the hornet's nest and sit back and watch the aftermath. :dgrin:

Exactly. :rofl:

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 10:11 AM
And here are the photos Joe just sent me to post on his behalf....

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 10:15 AM
and just to put the icing on the cake....

anyone have any more nails for this coffin? I'm fresh out..... :hehe:

pch101
08-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Time to tell us a little more about the gj_snakemonster/fakemaster (a little more, as in everything)

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 10:23 AM
You'll have to wait for Erik on that one. I know nothing of the individual trying to pass off the scam, and Joe simply knew his email address as written on the photo. Whenever Erik gets around to seeing this I'm sure he'll provide whatever he can.

pch101
08-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Sorry, Chris, was intended for Erik. I was typing too fast. and should have addressed him by name. I can see how you thought I was pestering you for more info :) . You have already gone above and beyond the call of duty. I tried like crazy to locate those pics last night, and after looking at 179 pages on another sites photo gallery, I gave up. Actually my eyes gave out...

Junkyard
08-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Chris, you rock, great job stuffing this one in the bag!

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 10:32 AM
No problemo :)

Just need to know where to look, truth be told I have alot of links saved in IE and if I've seen those photos before chances are I had the originating web pages saved. I simply went through my bookmarks one by one.....

Here is his member info, no posts but I did find a reply or two of his in the classifieds section here when I googled the user name.

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Here is the link to the classified ad in question, he marked it sold and removed the photo(s). Perhaps if you ask Rich there may be a way to bring up what was there?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_classifieds/showproduct.php?product=7115&sort=1&cat=all&page=1

and here is a link to another of his ads... a proven Albino Burmese Female Het For Granite for $175.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_classifieds/showproduct.php?product=6645&sort=1&cat=all&page=1

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_classifieds/data/19/22372Albino_Het_Granite_Dollar.jpg

Now I KNOW I've seen that photo before as well, but I'm not a burm fan. I'll give someone else a shot at tracking that one down :)

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 10:46 AM
ooops, scratch the proven part. my mistake.

pch101
08-10-2005, 11:32 AM
I just got off the phone with Mark Mandic from Markus Jayne Ball Pythons (ballpython.ca), and he just wanted to confirm that the second photo is indeed his, and that it was stolen directly off of his website without his permission. He is unable to post here, and also wanted to make sure that I thanked everyone (especially Chris) here on Fauna for looking out for him.

Crested Lady
08-10-2005, 11:34 AM
TopShelf- thanks for posting the ad. :)

I just got off the phone with Mark Mandic from Markus Jayne Ball Pythons (ballpython.ca), and he just wanted to confirm that the second photo is indeed his, and that it was stolen directly off of his website without his permission. He is unable to post here, and also wanted to make sure that I thanked everyone (especially Chris) here on Fauna for looking out for him.

Ah ha ha! BUSTED! I'd love to see what he has to say... (though it doesn't appear that anything would make the situation any better.)

Crested Lady
08-10-2005, 11:36 AM
"He" being gj_snakemaster.

pch101
08-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Just to make future searches here in regard to this scamming clown more productive, I will ad this: Joshua Lee aka: gj_snakemaster, you are have been officially busted as yet another pathetic scammer. Way to go!

DAND
08-10-2005, 12:11 PM
He also has it posted here:

http://www.reptilemarket.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=b_snake&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=headlines&category=Ball+Pythons&query=category

Ad #8070 on ReptiMart, ball python section.

pch101
08-10-2005, 01:01 PM
"He also has it posted here:

http://www.reptilemarket.com/cgi-bi...&query=category

Ad #8070 on ReptiMart, ball python section."

Wow, this guy is a nasty little pest isn't he! He is saying it is a 1.5 year old, 3 ft. FEMALE, When it is actually a 5+ year old male that has been in Scott's collection since 2000.

Here is what Scott sent me: "Hi Thanks for the info. Here is an updated picture of the first one on that post He is one of our first (males) we got back in "2000" and has been here as one of our breeders ever sense. He was just a sub-adult in the picture on the forum. Hope this will help. Thanks Scott"

The following pics are current pics that he sent me of the first snake snake in the ad. I have Notified the administration at ReptileMart just in case it has not been done already.

DAND
08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
[COLOR=Red]I have Notified the administration at ReptileMart just in case it has not been done already.

I did before I posted the info here.

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 01:09 PM
and for when that link goes dead.......

pch101
08-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Ah, that was good thinking Chris! Now it is preserved here forever, and Mr. Scammer Joshua Lee has no way to deny what he has attempted to pull. Actually, he may have already collected money from one or more victims. I really hope they pull that ad fast. Can he be banned from here since he is diong it here as well?

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Well I did link Rich to this thread hoping he may be able to pull information from the ad this scammer ripped down and marked 'sold', and hopefully shine some more light on his origin, email address, etc.

Hopefully he may take the time to read this thread as well and ban this sorry peice of crap! :)

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 01:34 PM
OK Guys! Awesome work. Way to GO TOP SHELF!!!!!

ANYONE HE STOLE PICTURES FROM PLEASE CONTACT ME AS I HAVE HIS full ADDRESS FOR YOU TO PRESS CHARGES OF WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO DO!! ALTHOUGH I WILL NOT POST HIS FULL ADDRESS HERE. full

His name he went by "Gus Jacobson", In joshua tree, CA, 92252. His email was gj_snakemaster@yahoo.com .

He even opened a pay-pal account for me to pay him. Although should I contact pay-pal and tell them??

Thanks for backing me up guys!! He still has yet to email me and tell why he sent me three different pictures!!

Thanks Erik

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Actually Erik I would post all of his specific information if possible. Already he's using a different name on this forum as his "real name".... Josh something, its in a previous post. Provide all the information you can, and yes, I would contact paypal to inform them that he is using his account to accept $ from online scams and link them to this thread as evidence. They may or may not comply, but its worth a shot.

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
And by the way, if you dint want too post it in fear of any recourse action, send the information my way. No worries, I'll be more than happy to do so..... :)

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Ok, Here is his full information!

Gus Jacobson
61454 Division
joshua tree, CA 92252
Phone Number- 760 220 6613

Thanks Erik

The BoidSmith
08-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Now it is preserved here forever, and Mr. Scammer Joshua Lee has no way to deny what he has attempted to pull.

And in case he even tries and is reading this, please refrain from sending private e-mails with incredible stories...it's been tried before with not very good results...

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Based on what everyone has said his name is and everything..... I doubt that is his real address?

Thanks Erik

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 02:01 PM
The only jacobson I show in joshua tree is below:

Jacobson, S

JOSHUA TREE, CA 92252
760-366-39XX

I'm a little hesitant to post the number of someone who may be perfectly innocent though, so until we have more information to go on thats as far as I'll go. I did however do a reverse lookup on the number you provided and it yeilded nothing. Probably a cell phone? Who knows.... Give him a ring and say hi! :)

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 02:12 PM
And here is an email Joe Dembinski just sent me, he was able to locate one of the emails this scammer sent requesting the photo he eventually used to try to scam people with.... Notice the reference to a soda can. Makes sense considering that one stolen photo had the top of a soda can added into it for whatever reason... lol

POS Scammer
i am very interested, just get the pics that i asked, next to a soda can or bottle, how big is he/she?? sorry but ive been looking at a lot of ads. Please get me those pics today, do you accept paypal?/ thanks!!

Joe Dembinski
Hi,
I have no problem getting you the pics. But how serious are you ?? I had this guy sold 4 times now and needless to say, he's still available. Just dont feel like wasting anymore time if someone isnt ready to buy. Thanks, Joe.D

I can forward the actual quoted emails to anyone who wishes to verify, but I'm certain all of this is adding insult to MASSIVE injury at this point. lol :)

Another one bites the dust....

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 02:14 PM
And another.... Looks to be the original inquiry from the scammer in regards to Joe's ad here on fauna for the REAL animal..... So hillarious. I love the quote... "sorry but Im sure you know what kind of scams go down on this site. Thanks!!"

POS Scammer
hello, i am very interested in your snake, could you please take a picture of the albino next to a soda can or bottle, just to confirm you actually have her, sorry but Im sure you know what kind of scams go down on this site. Thanks!!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_classifieds/showproduct.php?product=7146

LakesideBoas
08-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Heaven forbid he should request pictures of the animal on a current newspaper or something...:rolleyes:

pch101
08-10-2005, 02:39 PM
"Heaven forbid he should request pictures of the animal on a current newspaper or something..."

Maybe he works for Pepsi...

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 02:42 PM
LOL @ Shameless Plug By Scammer

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Pay-pal has been notified of this guy!! Thanks everyone for your thoughts!!

Would you all like to see some of the emails that I got from him? Or is there already enough info here??

Thanks Erik

pch101
08-10-2005, 03:04 PM
"Would you all like to see some of the emails that I got from him? Or is there already enough info here??"

I think they would be helpful.

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Ok, More info.........Where do I start....................

First Email:
i currently dont have a scale, I bought her from my sis cheap. Im not sure I am looking for a het, I dont really breed snakes. If so do you have any proof she is a het?? Im looking for snakes that I know are worth what people way they are. In particular Im looking for an albino retic, if you can get your hands on of those consider her yours, even though the ball is worth more. We can work out a straight trade for that, otherwise im not sure exactly what im looking for. Mostly burm and retic morphs, some boa morphs too, but besides that, I need the cash. If you really want to work something out ill weigh her, i have to go to a friends to do that, Im guessing around 1700-2000 grams, but im not sure. Thanks!

Then He told me what Retic morph that he wanted and all that boring stuff.............

Then he said that he finally weighed her:
she is around 2600 actually sorry, if online payment does not work for you i would be willing to accept mo or check. let me know asap please, i have many other offers. Thanks!!

He tried to play it cool and told me how the check has to clear before he shipped her..... He also found the pair of retics that he wants to buy here on fauna!!!
ok, you have to understand that I have to wait for the check to clear before i can ship her out, just for my safety, you understand im sure. the last high end python I sold I recieved a check there was no hold put on it, but it was a CA bank, you are all the way in colorado so there might be a hold put on for a few days. Thanks for doing business, oh and by the way I found a good ad for albino retics, on fauna actually, its a guy selling a pair for 2000 so it works out great. Im going to probably breed them, for a hobby not a profit, and if your interested i would be willing to sell one to you pretty cheap, let me know and I can hold one for you when the time comes around. Thanks!!

Then he started asking me questions about his NEW pay-pal account!!
yes that is ok, there may be a hold put on the funds depending on how you send it, what bank etc. But that is definetly ok. I was going to ask you, with just a regular account, it says that Im limited to withdrawing 500 a month to my bank account, after I put a debit or credit card on, willl that amount increase. Also does that limit apply to online purchases with the paypal debit card. Sorry for all of the questions but I am fairly new to this process. Thanks!

Then he kept emailing me saying that he needs the money becuase other people are interested!!
oh and also I need to confirm that you do want the snake, there were a few other guys i lined up in case the deal falls through and they keep emailing you, I NEED TO KNOW FOR SURE if you want her, if your not sure, I will tell them that there is a chance. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks, I dont mean to sound rude or pushy, but when it comes to this money, I cant tell everyone no and then have a deal fall through. Thanks!

Also a news update on pay-pal! They are doing an investigation on this guy!!

Thanks Erik

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 04:33 PM
OH, Ya. I would like to send a BIG THANK YOU to the Moderators for banning this guy from this web-site!! Hopefully no-one got scamed by his other ad!

Thanks Erik

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 04:35 PM
fantastic

DAND
08-10-2005, 04:42 PM
The ad on ReptiMart is gone.

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Yelp! But luckly Top Shelf did a screen shot and I printed it out!!

Thanks Erik

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I've seen enough of these to know the ads get pulled by the scammer the second they catch any heat in a desperate attempt to save their ass. Either that, or the site owners catch wind and ditch 'em..

I plan ahead :)

shrap
08-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Well done, Chris!!!

hhmoore
08-10-2005, 05:02 PM
OH, Ya. I would like to send a BIG THANK YOU to the Moderators for banning this guy from this web-site!! Hopefully no-one got scamed by his other ad!

Thanks Erik
Did this happen?? I was under the impression that scammers were not being banned. I'm too lazy to look up the posts, but it was discussed with regard to The Fall From Grace

DAND
08-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I've seen enough of these to know the ads get pulled by the scammer the second they catch any heat in a desperate attempt to save their ass. Either that, or the site owners catch wind and ditch 'em..

I plan ahead :)

I hear ya. I've got it too. I was just couldn't get my software open to size it down to post. I do a screen capture of all ads I consider participating in just in case.

DAND
08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Did this happen?? I was under the impression that scammers were not being banned. I'm too lazy to look up the posts, but it was discussed with regard to The Fall From Grace

It may be due to the fact this person just recently registered and only participation here was to post the scam/ad in the classifieds.

EriksReptiles
08-10-2005, 05:05 PM

Well Under his name it says "banned"?/

Maybe he put that there himself!!

Thanks Erik

DThomas
08-10-2005, 06:39 PM
I suggest you go read that again. This situation is not even remotely close to what you are infering.

This guy was banned by Ken. In this instance, this guy registered here recently and it is obvious his only intention was to scam. He is no different than the nigerian scammers we ban all the time.

What we do not do is a blanket banning of the "bad guys." It would serve no purpose and in the long run, if you stop to really think about it objectively, it would do more harm than good. Stop and think about how many of these bad guys come around and shoot their mouths off and continously drag their threads back to the top. They keep their own names fresh for everyone to see and be warned. That is why we don't do blanket bannings in addition to the other points made by Rich.

shrap
08-10-2005, 07:13 PM

I think the difference is that this guy used THIS site and its' classifieds to try and scam people.

Placing false ads here at fauna to try and rip people off would seen to me to be a site violation.... one worthy of a ban.

hhmoore
08-10-2005, 07:41 PM
I suggest you go read that again. This situation is not even remotely close to what you are infering.

This guy was banned by Ken. In this instance, this guy registered here recently and it is obvious his only intention was to scam. He is no different than the nigerian scammers we ban all the time.

What we do not do is a blanket banning of the "bad guys." It would serve no purpose and in the long run, if you stop to really think about it objectively, it would do more harm than good. Stop and think about how many of these bad guys come around and shoot their mouths off and continously drag their threads back to the top. They keep their own names fresh for everyone to see and be warned. That is why we don't do blanket bannings in addition to the other points made by Rich.
No need to reread it. I know the context, and see the (obvious) difference. Glad to know it was dealt with

The BoidSmith
08-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I think the difference is that this guy used THIS site and its' classifieds to try and scam people.

I agree that it's a slightly different situation. In the other instance potential clients were redirected to this site (through his website and ads) so the opinion of some members here could be used as character references to promote his sales.

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 08:33 PM
wouldnt it be nice to hear what that POS scammer had to say........ its too bad most of these dimwits are nothing more than pathetic cowards. once cuaght they tuck their tail between their legs, pull all of theirs ads, and run like the wind.......... lol

ms_terese
08-10-2005, 10:10 PM
:hot: I saw this a couple of days too late. He called us about an ad for an albino granite burmese at 1:00 a.m. the other day. Steve was still up and talked to him for a few minutes. He wanted pictures next to a soda can or something for size reference. The next day he wanted additional pictures of him eating, and as soon as he had those, he'd PayPal a deposit and the rest of the money at the end of the week.

Because we've had a hectic week, we sent pictures that we hadn't yet watermarked.

Of course, then he disappeared.

I'm guessing that his next ads will be for an albino granite burmese. If you see an ad for that animal by an unknown person, please check with us first to make sure it isn't ours.

Some people just need a good thumping. :hot:

The BoidSmith
08-10-2005, 10:13 PM
wouldnt it be nice to hear what that POS scammer had to say........ its too bad most of these dimwits are nothing more than pathetic cowards. once cuaght they tuck their tail between their legs, pull all of theirs ads, and run like the wind.......... lol

Not that I necessarily disagree with you Chris, but I’m not sure what I prefer. What do these scammers have to say anyways that I want to hear? Let’s face it the most dangerous ones are not the “dimwits” as you put it, but the “semi-intelligent” ones. They are those that don’t have any scruples in facing anyone, and try to convince you that what they did was actually not that bad. That’s even common business practice or that it was just a mistake or a moment or “weakness”. Those that say “I’m sorry, from now on I’ll go straight through life”, only to turn around and lie behind your back again. So that’s my paradigm, I’m not sure which do I prefer; those, or the ones that disappear from the face of the earth without a trace. Those at least know what they have done, and don't expect unrealistical forgiveness.

Regards

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 10:14 PM
actually i posted a link and photo from an ad of his here for an albino burm. check it out a few pages back

ms_terese
08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
actually i posted a link and photo from an ad of his here for an albino burm. check it out a few pages backThat's an albino, het for granite. Ours is an actual albino granite. I'll keep an eye out, but I'm going to be out of town for awhile.

Chris@TSE
08-10-2005, 11:28 PM
ahhh... well im sure he had the same intentions for your pic as he did for joes.... hopefully hes not stupid enough to try again. lol

LakesideBoas
08-10-2005, 11:33 PM
ahhh... well im sure he had the same intentions for your pic as he did for joes.... hopefully hes not stupid enough to try again. lol
I don't know, I thought I heard a turtle singing earlier and a pig just flew over my neighbor's house...:)

DAND
08-11-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't know, I thought I heard a turtle singing earlier and a pig just flew over my neighbor's house...:)

You are aware that...

Chris@TSE
08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Well I've got an update!

Remember the ad for the albino burm het granite that the scammer posted here, and here: http://www.reptilemarket.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=b_snake&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=8069&query=retrieval

Well seems like he slipped up. I've found the owner of this snake, in fact he just purchased it a few weeks back from the VERY SAME PERSON TRYING TO rUn THE AD AGAIN AND SCAM PEOPLE! THE VERY SAME PERSON LISTING THE ADS FRO THE NON-EXISTANT ALBINO BALL PYTHON ADULT FEMALE!

Thats right, could he be any dumber? LOL

Anyways..... I've been talking with a Bobby Lagunas. Seems he purchased this albino burm a few week back when he saw an ad liste for that albino burm. The seller was local, so he picked it up in person. It was a 15 year old kid named 'Gus'... Who knows if that is his real name. I'll try to get more information. Either way, I'll post a few photos he sent me of this animal. It is indeed the same snake now in his posession and this kid has since posted additional ads for a snake that has already been sold in addition to those ads for the albino adult female bp that does not exist....

First pic will be the one in the ads we've seen, the others will be the ones Bobby sent me.

Chris@TSE
08-11-2005, 01:19 PM
The more I look at the photos the more it does not look like the same snake, so perhaps the kid had a different snake, or simply did not have a camera and stole the photo..... I'm at a loss, but it is indeed the same person who has been posting the other ads.

Chris@TSE
08-11-2005, 01:24 PM
and just incase that other ad gets deleted, here it is. same snake that was advertised by the scammer here on fauna...

Crested Lady
08-11-2005, 01:24 PM
The snake in the top photo is definitely not the snake in the bottom 3. Good Lord, this gj_snakemaster is absolutely ridiculous!

Chris@TSE
08-11-2005, 01:27 PM
yeah, that was the photo in the ad Bobby responded to. When he picked up the snake, the other three photos represent the snake he got. Who knows what this idiot is up too.... Perhaps he wasnt expecting a local buyer.. ?

All I know is I'm getting a bit closer to tracking this little bastard down..... :)

Chris@TSE
08-11-2005, 01:30 PM
I've requested the buyer go thru his correspondence and forward me any messages they may have traded in email, and to also forward me any phone number(s) he may have used to contact him as well as the address he went to in order to pick up the animal. Soon as I'm able to confirm it is indeed the same individual running the scams I'll post it here.

EriksReptiles
08-11-2005, 02:11 PM
OMG, This is sad. We need to stop this guy! HE is stealing photos and saying its his animal!! Im glad that no-one sent him the $2000 that he wanted for someone elses albino!!

Please try to find the address and post it here and we will see if its the same address!

We should get his phone number and call his parents and tell them what he is up too!!!

Pay-pal is still doing there investigation on this kid!!

Thanks Erik

Sasheena
08-11-2005, 07:53 PM
For what it's worth, I've taken a screen shot to emphasize the difference between the two burms. I only bothered with the top photo of the KNOWN burm and then the one with the dollar on it, since it's obvious that all three of the bottom pictures are the same animal.

It's not the best picture, but to me I see a sort of crazy pattern on the neck of the animal with the dollar on it's back, and in the other three photos, there are four very uniform, distinct saddles. By itself this is enough proof for me.

Gecko_Den
08-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Chris, since the guy picked up the burm from the kid, can he verify that the address that was provided to Erik is the actual address, or give the address where he picked up the snake?

Chris@TSE
08-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Yeah im nearly positive the photo in the ad he used to sell the snake to bobby was not the snake he received from him, so I'm pretty sure he can give up the idea of it being het for granite lol

regardless, he picked it up three weeks ago and the ad, same picture, was posted five days ago again by the same person

gecko_den: yeah, im waiting on bobby to reply to my last email, hopefully he still has his address and such

Chris@TSE
08-14-2005, 11:20 AM
still waiting for word from the customer who bought the original albino burm and picked it up in person. no replies as of this message. I've emailed a reminder just incase.....

EriksReptiles
08-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Ok, Cool! Just keep us updated!

Also, I receved an email yesterday that someone in Colorado sent this guy $350 for his burm!! His screen name is "BurmDude20". I will post the message that I recieved here!

Also how do i go about pressing charges on this little punk? That little kid got my $350 and i want it back! Thanks again

Hopefully we can all bust this guy!!

Thanks Erik

Chris@TSE
08-14-2005, 01:57 PM
UPDATE:

Just got a reply from Bobby.....

The address he went to pick the snake up at is below. The person he met was named 'gus' so I am not certain if that is an alias or not but this is indeed the correct address.

I also did a search for the address on google and found some facts about the address.

61489 La Jolla Dr
Joshua Tree, CA 92252-2440 US

funny little tidbits i found online.... guess the home was just sold in 04 and the realator keeps records online...

61489 La Jolla - 1464 sqft, 2bdrm, 1.5bath, built 1962, sale date 2/26/04

He's going to try and find the phone number as well.....

EriksReptiles
08-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Well the address doesn't match the one he gave me! Maybe its one of his friends house............................................. ...............................................

Oh-well. When you get a phone number please post it here!!

Thanks Erik

Chris@TSE
08-14-2005, 02:20 PM
of course it dosent, i doubt he would have given his real address when he was scamming.

this address however was given out when he actually SOLD that burm.....

since then for some reason he has decided to try his hand at scamming, using fake addresses and such.

I thoght the same thing as well, which is why I asked if the individual met him outside or actually lived there. I was told he enetered the house right on into his room to pick up the snake!

This address is the real deal.

Anyone local care to pay this child a visit and inform mommy and daddy what he's been up too? :)

Jan Orcutt
08-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Joshua Tree, CA is in the Mojave Desert near Twentynine Palms and it isn't that big a town, although I haven't been through there in many years and a lot of the desert towns have grown some. Still, relatively speaking, it isn't a big place. The two addresses could be a home and a business, or could be the homes of the scammer and a friend or relative. I tried looking them up on Google Maps and it kept screwing up so I gave up.

Chris@TSE
08-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Welp Sorry it took so long, but I've received the final tidbit to this hillariously pathetic scammers little web of crap.

His phone number: (310) 980 0925

"gus"

Care to ask him why he's stolen your photos or tried stealing your money claiming to own animals that don't exist? Hell, ask him. Better yet, ask his parents. LOL