PDA

View Full Version : exo terra water well any good?

underrated831
09-24-2005, 03:23 AM
i bought one for all my leopard gecko tanks but i never see them drinking out of it. maybe i just never catch them or does this product just suck? cuz it seems like the opening for the water isnt that big enough for the geckos to notice? i dunno.

i also need a 36 inch light for my big setup , but i want the blue light, th eone that simulates moonlight so i can view them at night. anyone know where ican find one? havent found any ANYWHERE.

thanks

LadyGecko
09-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I don't really think that I would use such a product with my Leos as you would still have to take it out and disinfect it on a regular basis as you do with any of your water bowls to keep from harboring bacteria in it and cleaning the nooks and crannies in it might be a pain
I'm not sure on using the blue lighting- i have read that it can disrupt their day/night cycle but I have no actual proff of this
A red light seems to work the best for night veiwing
just my 2 cents
Sandy

brucestephenson
09-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Interestingly enough, a large wholesaler that I know, Joe Fauci, has developed a closed watering system for his baby leopard geckos. Actually for the purpose of providing them with clean water that has not been contaminated by dead insects and droppings. It appears to work. I am working a hypothesis that leopard geckos can learn to drink from a water bottle like hamsters! Certainly any water delivery system must be kept sanitary. :cool:

LadyGecko
09-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Wouldn't that be soooooooooo cool to have Leos drink from a water bottle!!
No more water dishes filled with crickets and worms!!
I just may try that myself with one group that i have
Could you try it with adults and be successful or would you have to start with babies??
Sandy

dragonflame
09-24-2005, 05:26 PM
I'd think you would have to start with babies. Keep it with them right after they hatch so they won't be so afraid of it. Adults would take to it but the babies would learn faster. That would be sooo awesome!!!!
Oh! In the classifieds it could say "bottle trained"!!!!