PDA

View Full Version : Runny Goo?

Th3HiddenGecko
02-12-2006, 09:49 AM
I have recently gotten eggs that were thought to be infertile. I checked them this morning and it looks like they have some kind of goo on parts of each egg. Has anyone else had this problem?

The NY Gecko
02-12-2006, 10:26 AM
rotting possibly? i think its safe to assume that goo on an egg isnt good

LeosForLess
02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
It could be mold, im not too sure though.

groovygeckos
02-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Goo huh? Did they pop open by chance? If so, sounds like you are using too much water.

USAGECKOS
02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Is it white and kind of sticky? if so, your egg is rotten

Fireacid
02-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Also I know this sounds crazy but last year I poisoned mine last year cause I bought perlite and didn't notice that it has some sort of chemical for helping plants grow O.o oops. They did the same thing kinda turned gooey... but the other batch I had in the perlite from the year before did just fine

Th3HiddenGecko
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Is it white and kind of sticky? if so, your egg is rotten
Yes it's just how you described it.

Also I know this sounds crazy but last year I poisoned mine last year cause I bought perlite and didn't notice that it has some sort of chemical for helping plants grow O.o oops. They did the same thing kinda turned gooey... but the other batch I had in the perlite from the year before did just fine

I bought that same perlite. I did realize that it had the chemicals so I rinsed it for five minutes thinking that would be okay. One other egg that I have in there is doing just fine though, so the others just could be infertile and rotting.