PDA

View Full Version : Blugy Female???

BalloonzForU
02-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Well, a friend of mine that got one of two Leos housed together, called me up to let me know the power was out on his street and the house was getting cold. I told him to bring the Leo over and I could house HIM, for him, till the power was restored and the house was not so cold.

Now the first time I saw this Leo, was when my friend picked up my female for me, and brought her over here, he bought the male housed with her. Up until resent I thought that maybe his male was the father of one of my hatchlings, not sure. Fastforward to last month. He brought "Buddy" over for a weighing, I checked him out, and realized he looked like a she but still somewhat bulgy for a female. He was not to willing to be checked out so I had no chance to look at the pores under a magnifying glass. Now, I take a look at him again last night, this time I take a look at the pores, and guess what they aren't pores, just dents. However she still looks pretty bulgy for a female.

I'll have to take a picture of her, and post it. Meanwhile she is on loan to me to breed her. Just need to figure out who to breed her with.

raiquee
02-15-2006, 11:37 AM
hmm as in bulgy do you mean like, bigger "boned" lol :) like bigger head? Or just a fatter body? I have some females that could TOTALLY out bench some of my males ;)

brandy101010
02-15-2006, 01:29 PM
i think she means bulgy as in the bulges under the vent of a male. right?

Golden Gate Geckos
02-15-2006, 01:53 PM
It's not uncommon for me to question the gender of some of my offspring occasionally because they 'appear' to have hemipenile bulges even though they were incubated at 81-82 degrees. I agree that looking at the pores are the key... the males are very pronounced.

I guess it's pretty bad when an 11 year veteran like me can't even be 100% sure about sexing some of my babies! :>poke2<:

BalloonzForU
02-15-2006, 08:46 PM
The funny thing about this female is when I first saw her, I thought I saw wax coming from the pores. It may have been just too quick of a glance that I thought I saw them. But He is now a She named Buddy. Now my friend has to tell his three kids that the Leo had a sex change....LOL She's a nice SHCTB so I'm going to breed her with my HT, and try to get some tang into her line. He doesn't want any of the babies, so I get to keep her for the season, while he gets visitations. She's not ovulating but I think if I give her a dark room for a week or so then bring her into the light she'll start right up.

I'm also starting to think that maybe her and my female may be sisters or related, due to similar colors. They both have about the same amount of CT and the black in the tail is faint, like a ghost, the only difference is mine is not a Baldy.

I'll post pictures sometime tomorrow, or Friday. Busy week for me with work, and I've got to find some time to sleep.

raiquee
02-16-2006, 12:35 AM
wow was i off in thinking what "bulgy" meant :lol:

420Geckos
02-16-2006, 10:33 AM
wow was i off in thinking what "bulgy" meant :lol:lol same here!

BalloonzForU
02-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I do have some that are really "Pudgy" but I was talking about the bulges, and being completely stumped by a female, and thinking she was a male. LOL