PDA

View Full Version : Window pics rock!!

groovygeckos
02-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Im sure you knew this, but dang I like this pic. Wish it was a little brighter outside, though. :bawling:

Maybe Im just easily impressed? LOL I dunno, Im just usually unable to get the true color to come out.

g&mgeckos
02-15-2006, 03:09 PM
It is a nice picture Dan! Love the one in the back!

420Geckos
02-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Great pic! Nice APTOR.

LeosForLess
02-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Nice geckos! I love the lighting you get even if it isnt that bright!

Ian S.
02-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Great pics!! I love the aptor. I need to get my hands on some ruby eyes.

diablohogs
02-15-2006, 08:21 PM
i like the aptor. very nice.

groovygeckos
02-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey, Thanks everybody! Im pretty proud of that pair, they are the best we hatched in 05`! Only had a hunch the 04` APTORs were Het RAPTOR, and boy was I thrilled to be one of the first to hatch RAPTORs, outside of RT`s place.

Thats "Goldie" and she is a Snake Eyed RAPTOR.

And the male is from Giant APTOR Het RAPTOR X Red Stripe. So we may see some Red Eyed Red Stripe Albinos, and Red Stripe ECLIPSE (thats the goal anyways)from this pair, among a few others.

raiquee
02-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I like Goldie! :) And it's bright by you? No FAIR! We have been snowing ALL night as well as thunderstorms!

groovygeckos
02-16-2006, 12:58 PM
No not very bright today. Kinda foggy. Soon enough!

diablohogs
02-16-2006, 01:48 PM
i hear het for raptor alot. on this thread, on RT's site and im pretty sure ive heard it else where.

a raptor is an albino. thats a recessive trait, so i understand how if they are not albinos (and one of the parents is) and all the other ducks are in line it can be het for raptor.

its my understanding that the pattern is caused by crossing a reverse stripe to a stripe. both of which are also considered to be recessive by ron tremper and others. if one of those traits were missing in the offspring but present in one of the parents, than i understand the offspring being called hets as well.

but the eyes...? the thing that seperates APTOR from RAPTOR. is that a simple recessive trait? if so why does it come in partial forms (the snake eye)? im just wondering here. thanks.

groovygeckos
02-16-2006, 02:16 PM
I like 'gene carrier' better myself, Chad. For the moment. Rons site does say something about gene carrier, and presents the idea that there is a possible gene-combination occuring to produce the Eclipse/Raptors eyes.

I do not believe APTOR (the pattern) to be any more recessive than Stripe/Jungle/Reverse Stripe. You can breed any pattern, to any pattern and produce any pattern, given that they are from genetic lines. So each one is simply NOT its own recessive trait.

APTOR= "Patternless"

RAPTOR= Red Eyed APTOR, BUT Ron is confusing with calling his R.E.R.S. a Reverse Stripe RAPTOR. IMO 'RAPTOR' should be reserved for 'patternless' animals, having the 'APTOR' part of the acronym. Y`know?

'Het APTOR'= "Patternless" cross

'Het RAPTOR'= Red Eye Albino cross, or in my case I say 'Possible Het' (gene carrier), because my APTOR produced two Red Eyed Albinos when paired to the Reverse Stripe "Het APTOR" we bought from Ron at the same time. Making his babies 'possibles'

I know what you are saying but when someone sells so many people a "Het", what are you going to do? I know we hatched ours in early 05` from the APTORs w/ normal eyes though. :hehe:

groovygeckos
02-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Noone knows yet why there are 'snake eyes', or them having one normal, and one solid, or 'snake' eye.

About the pattern: Well we have produced quite a Leopards with pattern exactly like the APTOR, from Red Stripe X Reverse Stripe Albino. There were also Stripes and Jungles, but all of the Reverse Stripe-ish ones, were without much pattern, and/or hypoed out.

Now we are breeding a few females from the Red Stripe X Reverse Stripe Albino cross to our APTOR. We will see in a month or two if there are any RAPTORs produced from this

Here is the best example of our "Patternless Stripe"

420Geckos
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
So basically the Stripe fills in the Reverse Stripe and wahlah a patternless gecko.

diablohogs
02-16-2006, 05:01 PM
So basically the Stripe fills in the Reverse Stripe and wahlah a patternless gecko.

i've heard a few different breeders hint that they think that its a good possibility that crossing the two will make a patternless gecko that resembles an APTOR. weather thats in the first cross or the result of crossing double het for reverse stripe and stripe (or red stripe) im not actually sure.

im curious what the "patternless stripe" produces when crossed to another "patternless stripe".

groovygeckos
02-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Well we have produced quite a Leopards with pattern exactly like the APTOR, from Red Stripe X Reverse Stripe Albino.

Um... I think I was one of those breeders. LOL

thats in the first cross or the result of crossing double het for reverse stripe and stripe (or red stripe) im not actually sure. I posted ones pic too. :>poke2<: LOL

Yes Stripe X Reverse Stripe can produce 'Patternless' on the first breeding. Alberto has also produced the Patternless Stripes with his cross. You cannot produce 'double het' for Stripe and Reverse Stripe etc. At least with the lines we have. When you pair a Jungle or Stripe to a Reverse Stripe you will get all patterns, as they all work together. This is in my experience with 20 hatchlings from this breeding. This is not to say you cannot produce bandeds 'hets' w/ some lines though.

Not going to do any Het Albino X Het Albino, but Im allready 95% sure APTOR "Patternless" is the same. Im going for more Albinos, and hopefully Red Striped ones, ALL will be possible red eye gene carriers :reddevil: . If they are not Red Eye/Eclipse I mean.

Sarah H
02-16-2006, 05:32 PM
I love that look the aptors have with the big orange spots. It looks so nice.
Very nice geckos!

groovygeckos
02-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks Sarah