PDA

View Full Version : I see problems in my future

NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
02-15-2006, 07:08 PM
I am keeper of mainly duirnal reptiles...the only nocturnal animals I have are currently snakes:

2 cyclura (one lewisi cross and one rhino)
2 tegus (one chacoan and one black --both argentines)
2 beardies (orange red phase)
1 J lacerta
2 aussie watrdragons
1 rtb (columbian)
1 hogg island boa
1 w hognose
4 corns (2 orange stripes and 2 amels)
2 gophers (sonoran)
3 balls

I made the mistake of going to a petshop and holding a leo for the first time.
I'm smitten. It's over.....I have no idea where this will lead but it doesn't look good ;)

g&mgeckos
02-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the club! LOL!

It should work out well for you with the animals you already have. Just when they are going to sleep the leos will be waking up! :raspberry

ZenReptiles
02-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Ha ha, welcome to the gecko obsession! :raspberry I saw my first leo when I was 10 years old and going to pick out a pet at the pet store. Unfortunately, the leo cost $200, so I got an iggy instead. (Still got him too!) I didn't get my first leo until I was 23, and soon I will be 26, and I have a total of 5 with babies on the way. It will only get worse too.

Ian S.
02-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Welcome to Leopard gecko anonymous my name is Ian and I'm a leo-holic. :firedevil

GeckoStud
02-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Welcome to Leopard gecko anonymous my name is Ian and I'm a leo-holic. :firedevil

"Hello Ian" :laugh:

LeosForLess
02-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Welcome, my name is paul and according to Ian S. i do drugs
Drugs are just bad MMMK!!! :hehe:

KatieDB
02-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi, I'm Katie B and its been almost a year since I became an addict.

Ive found that leos are fairly flexible when it comes to sleep. If the lights arent super bright my leo, Fish, often pokes her head out to see whats going on. Sometimes she tries to scale the side of the tank when she wants to go out.

NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
02-16-2006, 06:54 AM
does everyone suggest buying online? I saw these two at my local petshop---one was so tiny and being kept in a cage with another that was a bit larger with a much fatter tail.
They were both chasing crix like crazy...so adorable.
The woman who was caring for them said the little one was always smaller and she felt that because that leo had a thinner tail he might not be as healthy....any truth to that?

NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
02-16-2006, 07:20 AM
Ha ha, welcome to the gecko obsession! :raspberry I saw my first leo when I was 10 years old and going to pick out a pet at the pet store. Unfortunately, the leo cost $200, so I got an iggy instead. (Still got him too!) I didn't get my first leo until I was 23, and soon I will be 26, and I have a total of 5 with babies on the way. It will only get worse too.
Is your ig male or female?

g&mgeckos
02-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Even buying on line you must be careful. But I think you will find more than enough reputable breeders here at Fauna to satisfy your gecko needs for awhile. Check the BOI forum before you buy if you still have questions just ask. Keep us posted and good luck!

raiquee
02-16-2006, 12:10 PM
I would suggest buying off line :) And welcome to Nocturnal addiction forum err i mean the Leopard gecko forum :)

techgirl
02-16-2006, 12:31 PM
i did get my three geckos from local petstores and i was lucky because they are all in good health. it is an addiction though. god i love these little guys

BalloonzForU
02-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Start building a new house now, you may need it.....LOL Welcome to the addiction!!

NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
02-16-2006, 02:22 PM
from what I see---they can be kept in rack systems which is really interesting

hoi-herps
02-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Start building a new house now, you may need it.....LOL Welcome to the addiction!!

ya i hear ya i started of with 1 leo and ended up with 12 leos and 6 beardys.....lol buying a new house is one option or if your lucky like i was.....i put them in my extra bed room upstairs..luckylythe room is the size of my house......so there cool now...but how long will my luck last before i have to remodel again...lol.......

hoi-herps
02-17-2006, 01:28 AM
p.s im an addict too......

brandy101010
02-17-2006, 08:21 AM
welcome!

like you im not just a gecko addict! curently i have 2 iguanas, a 12 foot burmese python, a bearded dragon, and 4 leopard geckos annd waiting on two more that are going to be here at 10.30 from kelly at H.I.S.S! (very excitied!) :)

NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
02-17-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm in NJ too :) A transplant from NY

techgirl
02-17-2006, 11:00 AM
jersey rules! lol

ZenReptiles
02-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Is your ig male or female?

He's a boy. He secretly thinks he's a dog....

If you want to buy a leo online, there's a lot of good places to buy one from. Just take a look at the leo discussion sponser links.

ShannanD25
02-17-2006, 02:00 PM
I started with two Leos....in an aquarium in my living room....they were just going to be pets....
I now have an entire room for the Leos and am addicted and have close to 100....now it is a hobby/business!

Be careful buying from petstores. There may be a few that know what they are doing but I have read so many horror stories on here about people buying from pet stores. Breeders may be more expensive and you have to pay shipping (unless you are local to one or go to a reptile show) but the quality is much better....

welcome to the addiction!