PDA

View Full Version : Bell Patternless

LeosForLess
02-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Anybody working on creating these? I know Ground Gecko Freak is..

bro paul
02-18-2006, 07:31 PM
We've got about 1.8 double hets right now...so we'll see

LeosForLess
02-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Are they breedable right now?

Otter_23
02-18-2006, 07:53 PM
I don't think that Jodi of ground gecko freak has anymore geckos at this time.

LeosForLess
02-18-2006, 08:05 PM
LOL i learned that HE(if those of you on the last chat remember) is out of geckos.

Jeremy Letkey
02-18-2006, 08:11 PM
I have eggs cooking from some double hets now. I'm working with 2 males and 5 females. 1.3 are breeding now and 1.2 are juvies.

LeosForLess
02-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Anybody ever mix a tang and a patty? Not trempers patty, but a murphy patternless.

bro paul
02-19-2006, 09:52 PM
My double hets are still pretty small, but hopefully they'll go late in the season. I'm also messing around with tang x patty...but what is "murphy" patternless? I'm not familiar with the term.

Th3HiddenGecko
02-19-2006, 10:49 PM
I think a murphy patternless is just a regular ol patternless. Trempers patternless was the one used in making the A.P.T.O.R.

LeosForLess
02-19-2006, 11:06 PM
The murphy is the common recessive patternelss that you see mixing with the Las Vegas Albinos and Trempers, then theres trempers patternless which is the P in aptor. Murphy is the dude who found the simple recessive patternless. I just say Murphy because ppl always get confused

Linz M
02-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Murphy Patternless = your basic patternless leopard gecko

They change color a lot, but at maturity, they lack pattern due to a migration of pigment cells. They 'typical' is solid yellow, with light-grayish tails, non-albino, and possess the typical dark eyes...as babies, you can differentiate them from albino patties very easily due to their dark heads and dark grey patterned blotches/leopard spots on the tail, motled head, and body.

Pat Murphy takes credit for the morph and they were originally (falsely, IMHO) marketed as "Leucistic" leos...the Murphy pattys are "old-school", if you will, in the sense that I believe they emerged in the early 90's before the Tang, Blizz, or even Tremp. albino...Please correct me if I'm wrong here!!

420Geckos
02-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Murphy Patternless = your basic patternless leopard gecko

They change color a lot, but at maturity, they lack pattern due to a migration of pigment cells. They 'typical' is solid yellow, with light-grayish tails, non-albino, and possess the typical dark eyes...as babies, you can differentiate them from albino patties very easily due to their dark heads and dark grey patterned blotches/leopard spots on the tail, motled head, and body.

Pat Murphy takes credit for the morph and they were originally (falsely, IMHO) marketed as "Leucistic" leos...the Murphy pattys are "old-school", if you will, in the sense that I believe they emerged in the early 90's before the Tang, Blizz, or even Tremp. albino...Please correct me if I'm wrong here!!You're right. I checked in "The Herpetoculture of Leopard Geckos" book and it says they were first produced in 1991. That sure is old school!

420Geckos
02-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Oops... I forgot to mention that I plan on crossing Mack Snow Patternless with Mack Snow Bell next season. There's going to be a lot of white morphs out there!

bro paul
02-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the info...I remember when the first add for the "leusistic" leopard geckos came out in Reptiles Magazine in the early 90's. I kept the page from the magazine...they were very yellow and white. I'll post a pic later. Didn't know about Pat Murphy though.

Linz M
02-21-2006, 01:00 AM
If I can get my facts straight, I believe Pat Murphy was a partner in the whole "Blizzard Lizard" project...I'm honestly still skeptical about a few of the details ('blue' eyes = 'eye shadow', etc), but its still interesting...

An off-shoot of Prehistoric Pets: http://www.blizzardlizard.com/index.asp?request=about

LeosForLess
02-21-2006, 07:28 AM
I also read that on their website, they were also the first to make the banana blizard.