PDA

View Full Version : My Petco Rescue

www.leogeckos.com
02-23-2006, 01:06 AM
Hello,
Just wanted to share this story with you. I was in the horrible Petco, and I had to stop and look at the leos. Well I found two dead leos and one little guy barely hanging on. I was furious so I went and got a manager and yelled at him for 5 minutes even though hes stupid and doesnt understand. I bought the little leo to try and save him. (the jerks at petco charged me for him on top of it). I looked at him when I arrived at home, his shed was stuck everywhere, his skin wrinkly (dehydration) and had his eyes closed, he looked terrible. I hydrated him through a syringe for weeks and used repti aid. He started to eat on his own about a week after I got him and hes grown into a pig. Hes a very nice gecko morph for Petco, but most importantly Im happy I saved him. Heres a picture. :) DEATH TO PETCO

The Reptile House
02-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Did you happen to take a pic of him when you bought him? Just wondering so you can send a copy of it to their corporate head quarters so they can see for themselves that they 1 are selling helpless sick little ones and 2 that they ripped you off. I was told by corporate that they have an adotpion policy that if anything is in that condition they have to adopt them out. Depinds on the management but corporate states different? Glad to see he is doing great with you. Shanell.

LeosForLess
02-23-2006, 07:17 AM
The petco by me adopts out only the tailless geckos when the tank is "full" which is like 30 geckos i guess.

ZenReptiles
02-23-2006, 12:39 PM
I would be surprised to see if they actually followed that corporate policy. The petco by me doesn't even sell reptiles. It's a dirty store, and I refuse to buy from them. Petsmart sells practically everything, and the ASPCA runs a cat adoption center out of it, so it is always kept clean and the animals are always in top shape. I like that Petsmart, except the leos are on sand :(