PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

joe9985
02-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I know my crested is nocturnal, it is now 10:15 p.m. and my crestie is in the same place he was this morning when I left for work. The past couple days I've been waking him I guess and taking him out and then he is active when I put him back in his enclosure. Is this normal, do they not get active till later in the night normally? Any help would be great, I just want to make sure theres nothing wrong with him making him not want to move from that spot unless I take him out.

Keith Campbell
02-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Our cresteds like to return to the same place in the morn. after roaming their cage at night. You may be missing him moving at night. He may just be fat and happy for the moment. Good luck wit him.

HerpAddict
02-26-2006, 06:39 PM
If you wake him/her up during the day, then it's the same as with a human. If I scared you awake at 3am and then put you back in your room when I was done with you, I'm betting you wouldn't be able to go back to sleep again for a while!

They need a certain number of hours of sleep per day, and if you are decreasing the numbers they get during the day, then they are going to make up for them at night.

Don't worry about it, as it is normal. My recommendation is that you try to take your crested out after it gets dark and its already awake. That way you won't be disturbing its sleep pattern. I'm guilty of occasionally taking one of mine out during the day too, but I try not to for that reason.

Goodluck with yours!