PDA

View Full Version : Oh yeah and the PETCO update!!!

houdini1
02-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Hello Everyone,
Some people have asked me for updates about Changing Petco. Well I have heard back from The animal Welfare institute, They have sent some people out to inspect and have given me names and address to send letters too. The news team is doing their own investigation and once they are done we are going to do a story. I have also contacted the Newspaper here and they want to do a story. The best Part, My step dad who is A retired Judge and a Practicing attorney has now become involved, not on a legal level but he is helping compile letters and looking into laws ans loop holes of animal laws and sending me in the right directions. I am glad to say this is getting off the ground rather well. I hope this works and that I can get enough people involved to stop them. I will not give up on this, I am a very determined person. If anyone else would like to start writing letters to Petco corporate and complaining It is welcomed. The more people the better. Thanks for your support,
Kristy

reptilebreeder
02-25-2006, 04:30 PM
It's nice that you are getting involved in trying to get a Petco to clean up it's act, we are all concerned about the welfare of animals in any crappy pet store. That said, It's hard to find a happy medium between getting such a pet store to get their act together, and getting to much of a "good thing" ie. one has to be careful when involving news stations, newspapers, etc., more often than not they end up being "anti exotic" or "anti pet" articles. At the very least they [articles, news stories] can end up as more "ammunition" for terrorist groups like ALF, and their allies like PETA.

nicolai
02-25-2006, 06:35 PM
excellent, keep up the good work !!!!!

Cat_72
02-25-2006, 08:32 PM
EEESCH, I just saw that they are opening a "Petco" near here. All we've really had around here are a couple of small "mom and pops" stores, it may be a good thing if one of them goes out of business (they're just as bad as a Petco), but I feel sorry for the others trying to make an honest go at things and actually treating their animals right.

I wonder how long it will take before I get "banned" from there? Hm.

Southwick Herps
02-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Cat.. not all PetCo's are bad.. Both the local ones around me take excellent care of their animals, my only problem is they sell leopard geckos rather young/small.

Cat_72
02-26-2006, 03:39 PM
The last PetCo I was in, I pointed out what looked to be a dead water dragon......emaciated, some kind of goo coming out of the corners of its mouth, just laying across an empty water dish.....the gal poked at it and it moved slightly, and she just said, "Nope, it's fine", shut the tank and walked away.

Maybe there are good ones out there somewhere, but I've never found one. Hopefully if nothing else, what Kristina is doing will be a "wake up call" for them.

dragonflame
02-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah,

dragonflame
02-26-2006, 04:45 PM
ARG! TAB BUTTONS!!
Ahem...
The last petsmart I was in there were about 10 leos being housed in a 10 gal, and they were housing a cham w/ an anole. Ugh... But they are opening a new one right next to my school. A lot of my friends have applied for a job and hopefully I can help a little. Maybe it will get off on the right foot and stay that way.