PDA

View Full Version : type of material

Th3HiddenGecko
02-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I built my rack out of particle board. I have 2 geckos that were purchased about a month ago and are eating very little. Both of them are giants and they aren't losing much weight. When I take my male to my friends house he eats about 50 mealies in a weekend. I take him back to my house and he eats very little. I tried duplicating my friends setup exactly but I just don't get it. The only difference is that he uses shelving and I use particle board. Help please.

hill4803
02-25-2006, 05:49 PM
check temperatures.

Th3HiddenGecko
02-25-2006, 06:16 PM
The air temp is about 85 degrees and the floor temp is about 93. Is that too hot? They usually stay in the moist hide which is a few degrees cooler than the floor.

hill4803
02-25-2006, 06:18 PM
I keep the cool side at about 75 - 77. Maybe a little too warm to thermoregulate properly.

nicolai
02-25-2006, 06:27 PM
The air temp is about 85 degrees and the floor temp is about 93. Is that too hot? They usually stay in the moist hide which is a few degrees cooler than the floor.

The entire floor is 93 degrees?? They need a cool area to retreat to, you should only have half of the floor space at that temperature. The steady 93 degrees is probably why they stay in the cool/moist hide, just to get away from the steady heat.

Th3HiddenGecko
02-25-2006, 06:42 PM
The entire floor is 93 degrees?? They need a cool area to retreat to, you should only have half of the floor space at that temperature. The steady 93 degrees is probably why they stay in the cool/moist hide, just to get away from the steady heat.

No the cool side is about 75 degrees for the floor temp. I keep the moist hide on warm side because I thought they would be too cold since it is somewhat cold in my basement.