PDA

View Full Version : I don't even know where to go with this one. LOL

BalloonzForU
03-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm having a bad day, long story, nothing to do with my little geckos. Well one of my employees calls and tells me, "I have something that will put a smile on your face!" He tells me to go to this site www.brucehale.com (http://www.brucehale.com). Well he was right, this is so cute.

Special note: If you have a health condition and you know about it, do everthing in your power every day to take care of yourself, because tomorrow can be too late.

brandy101010
03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Awww that is cute! I hope everything is ok with you!

ZenReptiles
03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Aww, I think I'm gonna have to get that for my daughter's bday. I hope you're ok. I was born with hole in my heart, and sometimes I try to pretend it's not an issue, and then I'm paying for it in the near future. So, I can kinda relate to your special note.

BalloonzForU
03-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Thank you both for your concern, however I was not talking about myself, I'm ok.

Yesterday one of our well liked drivers collapsed after dropping off our clients, in PA. About 10 min after he walked outside, someone found him on the ground with no pulse. Three men (two of which are EMTs) did tag team CPR on him until EMS got there, I've been told he was dead for 35 min. After get him to the hospital and regaining a heart beat, he was put on life support. Turns out his sugar was 900, causing cardiac arrest and a diabetic coma. Two scans were done for brain activity, sadly there is none. This man just turned 57 and it's very sad to have this happen. Not only his age is sad but he has no know next of kin, so all his buddies are taking on the responsibility of make decisions for him, and trying to make sure everything is in order. Looks like they can't not stop life support yet, may have to go probate. I've been getting calls day and night since 2pm yesterday when this happened from our other employees, his friends and even our clients, wanting to know how he is doing. This makes me worried even more for my stubbun husband that was diagnosed 4 years ago with diabetes and won't take his meds or test himself. arrrggg MEN!

BalloonzForU
03-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I thought the books were great. His daughter got one from the school library, and now she wants him to buy all of them for her.

USAGECKOS
03-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Hey Felicia,

That link is really cute :)

I hope everything works out for your friend, and, yes, you are right, MEN ARE STUBBORN AS ALL H-E-L-L

Dan Lubinsky
03-03-2006, 09:41 AM
YES, we are (but my wife's even worse !!!). Felicia, keep on him - nowadays it's so simple to keep sugar levels in check.

BalloonzForU
03-03-2006, 03:24 PM
They were going to take him off life support today, due to him being brain dead already, but he died at 8am before they did. He was a great guy and a hard worker. He will be missed.

As for my husband taking care of himself, I gave up already, sugar can make one very cranky. He tells me I'm nagging him. :hot: I even asked him how he would feel if our son was the one that found him dead? When he's blind and on dialyses, he'll realize my nagging was for a very good reason.

brandy101010
03-03-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm very Sorry for what happened to your friend. My prayers are with you and your family.