PDA

View Full Version : what should I do?

PerfectPetPython
04-28-2006, 04:01 PM
I recently purchased 4 hexagon cages online. The color I requested was pure white, they advertise this color to be this exact shade:
http://yugisoft.com/images/UGSwatch.jpg

But instead of sending me the pure white, they marked the boxes as white, and sent me this color instead:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/Henckels181/grey1.jpg

and I know this wouldn't be a big deal to some, but my animal room has all white cages and these would stick out like a sore thumb.

I e-mailed Jeff, the owner, and told him the packaging was excellent... but the colors were wrong. I told him I've already put one together, and I could keep that one, because it's going in my living room, but the other 3 were supposed to go in my animal room... and I specifically bought from them because they were the only business I could find with the pure white color in stock. Had they not had that color, I would not have bought from them.

I told him that shipping would cost me an arm and a leg, I don't know how I could get these back to him. Is there some kind of store credit that could be issued to me?

He e-mailed me back and said he'd give me a $50 store credit... Well I spent over $900 on these cages, and a $50 credit doesn't sit well in my stomach.

Well my sister told me that Fedex might be able to pick up at our house... so if that is the case, we might be able to ship them out to him, and just lose the money I guess, for a store credit. I emailed him and haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone have any opinions of what could be done, if anything?

DAND
04-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Keep all e-mails and records from this person until this is resolved. If you have an invoice stating "Pure White" was ordered and you received something different it should be on him (Jeff) to replace the order including the return shipping.

Rebel Dragons
04-28-2006, 04:11 PM
The mistake was made by the shipper, not YOU. You should not be responsible for having to pay return shipping to him. It would be different if you "changed your mind" but that's not the case. He shipped the wrong product plain and simple.

I would write him back and tell him that your wanting to return the wrong products he sent you and how would he like that to be handled. At his expense of course. And then I would also ask him when you can expect the correct colored product delivered to you.

Stand your ground and don't roll over for a measly $50 store credit and be unhappy with products you gave him $900.00 for. Remind him that a satisfied customer tells others of their good deal and even returns to do more business.

If he still wants to fight you over HIS mistake bring this to the BOI and send him a link to the thread.

DAND
04-28-2006, 04:15 PM
If he still wants to fight you over HIS mistake bring this to the BOI and send him a link to the thread.

Rich really needs to get us a smilie that wrings it's hands in anticipation. :dgrin:

Lucille
04-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Here:

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca_toc/30_14_1.htm

I do not usually link but this is too large to copy and paste. Look it over and it would be my pleasure to answer any further questions.

PerfectPetPython
04-28-2006, 05:07 PM
well is it still his fault if he has a shipping company send the cages out? He just sells them on his site, and he has a shipping company in Florida ship them out.
I didn't want to post in the BOI because I know mistakes happen, and I try to be as understanding and helpful as possible, even if I end up getting screwed. :(

Here is my exact correspondence:

hi Jeff!
I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that packaging was excellent. No bent peices and the cages are of great quality.

The bad news is they were the wrong color. I had ordered pure white, and the boxes are all labeled as white, but it turns out they are grey, with black specks. I had specifically turned down buying these cages from other sites because everyone seemed to be out of stock with the pure white color.

I have attached a picture of the color... as you can see it's not white at all... but grey w/ black specks.
I went ahead and started putting one of them together because I was going to put one in my living room anyway, and grey looks fine in there. But the other 3 were going in my animal room and all of the cages in there are white... so these will stick out like a sore thumb.

These are too heavy to ship back... I couldn't lift the box to fedex or UPS if my life depended on it. Nor could I afford to ship them back. I do not know what to do at this point? Is there any kind of partial refund you could give that could go toward my next purchase with you guys?
Please let me know, as I do plan on purchasing more from you guys, and would like to figure out a way that we can resolve this.

Thank you! :)

I am sorry to hear about this. If you are o.k. with a credit, that is definately the easiest way to help this situation. How does a $50 credit sound to you?

Thanks
Jeff Douglas

hmm.
well, can I just send 3 back to the manufacturer and get a store credit in full? I hate to spend so much on shipping. But I really cannot use them and did not order this color. I might be able to get Fedex to pick them up here.

Here is a screenshot of my invoice:
(If this does get to the BOI, I will post a full invoice, but for now, I want to leave names out of this, incase this was just a misunderstanding, and I do end up getting a refund or store credit.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v363/feathernfur/sssssssss.jpg

I've also went ahead and tried to resell them so no one loses out. I'm sure this was just a big mistake. So if I get them sold, even if it is for less, I'll just drop this I guess.

Rebel Dragons
04-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Ultimately it's his responsibility to get YOU the proper product. Even if it's a mistake made by his shipper. He needs to get a hold of his supplier and have them make arrangements with you to have the product returned on their dime and send you the proper products.

I understand the not wanting to cause a problem but I really don't like to see people get screwed and take a loss because of that. Stand your ground and I'm you will get your correct products without having to take a loss on them.

P.S.

I am having plane tickets sent to me this week by expedia. They sent the tickets to a wrong address 2000 miles away from me. I called expedia and they told me it would cost $30.00 to have new tickets issued and mailed to me.

I THINK NOT!!!

I paid for the tickets in full and abided by all of their terms. It should not cost me extra because THEY made a mistake. It took 2 phone calls and a lot of arguing but I am having new tickets sent to me at no charge and they are even springing for the extra charge of shipping them to me overnight.

coyote
04-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Forwhat it's worth, just in case there is some confusion,
MO = Missouri
MT = Montana

Lucille
04-28-2006, 08:51 PM
How about you post a link to this thread and send it to him, and post HIS email and we will....**write** him......

Lucille
04-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Forwhat it's worth, just in case there is some confusion,
MO = Missouri
MT = Montana

Confusion there was. :ack2:

http://ago.missouri.gov/consumercomplaint.htm

KathyLove
04-28-2006, 11:28 PM
directly to MY customer. So far they have never made a mistake. But if they did, it would be MY responsibility to make sure MY customer is happy. ONLY THEN would I take it up with my supplier and try to get them to make it up to me. If they didn't, I might decide to stop doing business with them, or charge a higher mark up in the future as "insurance" against mistakes. But whatever I did, it would be MY responsibility to take care of MY customer. Of course, t shirt shipping is a whole lot cheaper than cage shipping, but it is still the same responsibility.

Good luck on resolving the problem!

Chameleon Company
04-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Charisma,
You could also reword the title of this thread, to include the vendors name, something like "Jeff Douglas Cages won't fix his mistakes" and post it on the BOI. It meets the requirements for topics there, and will do a better job of turning up the heat. Good luck!

PerfectPetPython
04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
could I post in the herp section? or would it have to go in the mammals section? These are mammal/bird cages... he doesn't sell any herp related products.

my latest email to him:

Jeff,
I haven't heard from you yet.
I have a few options at this point.

I have listed an ad locally for them for $100 each and have people who would like to buy them. That would be $300 in my pocket + the one I am keeping. If they are $209 ea., x 4= $836 -$209, for the one that I kept=$627. -$300, which is the money people are offering me=$327.
So you can offer me a store credit of $327.

-or-

you will need to pay to have these shipped back to your manufacturer and have the correct color (pure white, what I paid for) shipped back to me, or a store credit for $627.

Here's a link to the consumer protection act, incase you would want to look it over:
http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca_toc/30_14_1.htm

Let me know what option you choose.

Lucille
04-29-2006, 06:24 PM
I inadvertently posted the wrong consumer statute initially I think because I am not familiar with state abbreviations, and then posted the correct one.
The letter is good, I like it.

PerfectPetPython
04-29-2006, 11:07 PM
ROFL... he's probably gunna be like "huh?... what does this link have to do with anything?" I meant to send him the new one, LOL. Woops! Maybe he won't look at it. haha.