PDA

View Full Version : Mama

thesnakeman
04-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Here she is resting comfortably, after giving me, what looks like 11 good eggs, and one slug. This year she labored about 8-10 hrs, and pushed them all out with no assistance. Last year she got stuck on the last two. She is exactly 2 weeks post her pre-lay shed. I'm so proud of her, and so relieved. Black is beautiful, isn't it!
T.

BWSmith
04-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Great Job T

INSANE CANES
04-30-2006, 07:44 AM
Congrats on the clutch.

epidemic
05-01-2006, 01:20 PM
We are all pulling for you.
Iris looks great and I look forward to hearing about the babies in July or August!
We all lose a few battles, but the wars we win make all the difference in the world...

Jeff

thesnakeman
05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks all,
Yes she is beautiful, and so are her babies. I can't get over how good she looks after laying her eggs. You'd think she would be looking kinda crappy, and dehydrated, but she looks aw some! Just look at that iridescence. My cheepo HP camera takes pretty good pics too.

For now, at least, karma seems to be with me. This may have something to do with that cat I rescued the other day. Maybe I need to do more good deeds, and keep it that way. And believe me when I say that I am fully cognisant of how lucky I am! Now if I can just bring them all to hatch. I think there may be 2 slugs. But I'll keep an eye on them, and we'll see.
T.