PDA

View Full Version : Selling with Kingsnake.com Classifieds?

croc18
05-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi,

I am considering using kingsnake.com classifieds as a venue for selling many of my available reptiles. My inventory includes many different species and I am not specialized in any one animal. My question to you all is, how many of you are currently using or have used kingsnake.com classifieds to sell and do you recommend using them.

Any personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The BoidSmith
05-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Although we are currently using KS we don’t limit ourselves to them. From an exposure of your name to the market it’s better to explore as many alternatives as possible. There are two we have dropped altogether. One is RetilesPark (because of the unusually high reply rate of scammers from overseas) the other one is Reptileauction because as a personal preference we don’t like auctioning reptiles.

Regards

ParisV
05-31-2006, 06:15 PM
We use kingsnake.com as well to sell our diverse hatchlings and other reptiles we have had a good response from buyers, however we also get the occasional you know what, stating that our husbandry practices are bad, that our animals are skinny, etc....which is not true....We have sold and bought several species of reptile and everyone of them are fed regularly (daily with the beardies, weekly to bi weekly with the snakes) and hatchling beardies are fed two to four times daily so I know that our animals are healthy.....and loved. I would watch for people who are not contacting you for legitimate reasons (sale, questions etc...) as opposed to those who are just out to malign your business name....that is my .02 on kingsnake.com

bgexotics
06-14-2006, 09:42 AM
I have found Kingsnake to be good for selling unusual or higher end animals. If you breed your own and can sell them cheap enough it can also be worthwhile. I am debating on renewing my account to sell a few odds and ends that probably won't sell locally.

John Cherry
06-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Even though we are taking the year off from retailing animals, our experience over the last few years is that we have always had good luck using this forum and Kingsnake.com classifieds as the two main avenues for offering animals for sale. The wider the group you can expose your animals to the better chance of finding a appropriate home for the animals you offer. There are pro's and con's of both of the venues I mentioned, but all in all in our experience is that :eatpointe they both work well.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

hunterjackson
07-18-2006, 01:01 AM
I use KS and here to sell animals. No problem, except scamers, with either one.
Hunter Jackson

The BoidSmith
07-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Lately I've been getting more scammers reply with Fauna, but nothing compared with Reptile Park with has lots of posters from Europe.

Regards.

hunterjackson
07-19-2006, 11:39 PM
i get a lot more scammers from fauna, yes.
Hunter

The BoidSmith
07-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Maybe it's an aknowledgement that the site has quite some traffic...;)