PDA

View Full Version : Practice of "mass" posting to advertizing your inventory?

sawdaddy
09-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm looking for some sort of feedback. Recently I made a posting offering tattoo work for snakes (boas, balls, or corns). I know that my post was a little different from the typical postings but I wasn't sure how else to do find "local" people into tattoos that had extra snakes.

Anyway, I recently found out that another member "D & D house of rep" placed a reply to my post advertizing all of their inventory. That would have been OK for me if they were local but I'm in Michigan and they were from Florida. I looked into it further and found out that they had responded to numberous postings with exactly the same message. In other words they "advertized" on over a dozen other peoples wanted posts.

I didn't apreciate what they did because now I have someone elses "advertisement" on my post. Am I wrong to get upset about this? It may have been different too if they had addressed me in the post but it was exactly the same response on mine as everyone elses. This is the thread:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86018

What do I do now? Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jason

Suncoast Herpetological
09-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Report their post to the Webslave. Their actions are a direct violation of Fauna's TOS. My guess is that the post will be deleted very quickly and they will be issued warning points for spamming

sawdaddy
09-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Thanks John. That's what I was thinking but I wanted a little feedback to make sure that I wasn't over reacting about the whole thing.

markface
09-10-2006, 09:51 AM
i browse alot of the ads and i saw the same thing . almost every ad had a responce from this guy advertising his own stuff on others ads . now i dont have any critters posted for sale , but i know i would be upset if someone was using my ads to sell their animals . this time of year it might be easier to contact one of the super mods or mods instead of webslave . i'm sure he's pretty busy with his hatchlings and what not right now .

Clay Davenport
09-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I don't know if you have the option as a basic registered user, but a lot of the time I will lock my ads when I place them to prevent any replies.
The reason I do this is primarily because I don't want to have to keep up with a thread. I prefer to conduct business via email.