PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any advice?

phi_cru
09-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Apparantly, I have been scammed. Almost three weeks ago I paid through paypal for a female anery and a male 100% het for anery, the guy said he was going to ship them overnight from monday to tuesday and to be home in the morning before 10:30. Needless to say, they did not come, I called him and left several messages with no response. I sent him an e-mail and he responded later that night saying that he had just walked in the door from a houston show, and that he had been set back in his shipping, needed to gather shipping supplies, and that he would call me in a few days to let me know the new shipping date. We exchanged a few more e-mails and he said he would send me a tracking number as soon as he received one. I patiently waited, e-mailed him on monday morning askin for a tracking number only to have no response. He still has not responded to my numerous attempts to contact him, and upon consultation of the law, there's technically nothing i can do. Does anyone have any advice?

Mooing Tricycle
09-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I would Post the information of this guy on the BOI including all relevant emails and his and your full names. You should post all the information you have on this guy, just to make sure youre not dealing with a crook and to see if others are dealing with the same experience.

I hope its no what you say though... i always feel bad for those whove been scammed. BUT. you can issue a chargeback with paypal if he hasnt shipped the goods promised. and i feel you should if this guy dosnt come through.

Mokele
09-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Mooing is right, but I'd like to add something: You need to make a claim within 45 days of the original transaction for Paypal to do anything. My fiancee wound up on the wrong side of that deadline recently for the same reason, though fortunately for perfumes and bath products rather than animals, and Paypal won't do anything.

Henry

FunkyRes
09-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Also, only do business with PayPal verified.
I got stung on software that way. The guy shipped me counterfeit software. I went to PayPal right away. He wasn't PayPal verified, had cleaned out the account, and was gone - nothing they could do.

INSANE CANES
09-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Also, only do business with PayPal verified.
I got stung on software that way. The guy shipped me counterfeit software. I went to PayPal right away. He wasn't PayPal verified, had cleaned out the account, and was gone - nothing they could do.

Doesn't matter if they are verified or not.
If there isn't any money in the account, Paypal can't do anything.
ALWAYS use a credit card if you use Paypal, at least you can reverse the charges with the credit card company.

FunkyRes
09-29-2006, 03:28 AM
Doesn't matter if they are verified or not.
If there isn't any money in the account, Paypal can't do anything.
ALWAYS use a credit card if you use Paypal, at least you can reverse the charges with the credit card company.

PayPal does offer (or at least to) buyer protection if the seller is PayPal verified.

FunkyRes
09-29-2006, 03:30 AM
PayPal does offer (or at least to) buyer protection if the seller is PayPal verified.

(or at least use to)

I should add that if you reverse a credit card transaction that goes through PayPal - they will give you a negative balance. I know people this has happened to. So using a CC through PayPal is not an effective alternative. You will not be able to use PayPal anymore until the negative balance is positive again.

INSANE CANES
09-29-2006, 09:07 PM
(or at least use to)

I should add that if you reverse a credit card transaction that goes through PayPal - they will give you a negative balance. I know people this has happened to. So using a CC through PayPal is not an effective alternative. You will not be able to use PayPal anymore until the negative balance is positive again.

Correct, I forgot about the buyer protection. But does it apply to live animals?

If you are the one doing the chargeback, you get the money from your credit card company.
The negative amount goes into the scammers account, NOT yours.
And if Paypal deducts it from your account, don't use it anymore. That is stupid and I would assume illegal.
I have charged back a couple of things and never has Paypal ever tried to get the money from me, or given me a negative, they had no reason to.