PDA

View Full Version : Good news about Lickity!

Leighanne
10-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Ok, I called PetCo and asked if I could give him back and then they could take him to the Vet and then I'd buy him back. I know I get attached I tried EVERYTHING to keep him, and know I think I will be keeping Lickity. :) YEAH!!! Well PetCo said take him to their Vet and the Vet will charge PetCo. Now I just have to hook up the ride. All of my friends are great and volunteering. One of my good friends car broke down. I feel bad for her, but I have another one that offered. A couple actually. The Vet will probably happen next week, and I have to e-mail Matt from MGReptiles but I'm pretty sure I can get the heat tape for both my Snake babies this Thursday. I'm pretty darn sure. I've been AWFUL busy with overtime out the butt. :ack2: I have to balance my checkbook out but I can fit it in.

Now I need a good Thermostat. I have a friend that surprisingly just got a job at the same PetCo (well the only PetCo down here) that we bought Lickity from. I think PetCo did the comendable thing. I am very happy with this.

About the Thermostat. I need one with four different outlets. I need to plug in four different heating devices. Thats it and I need to be able to control every different ones temps. My Green Anole, the Ball and my Leopard Gecko all have the same high temps in the 90's but Jakers doesn't need temps of 90's. I need the cheapest one I can find that does the job. Can anybody recommend anything. What KILLS me is shipping and handling. That or if anybody knows of a Reptile buisness that takes payments?

My friend that works at PetCo says he can get me discounts there. KOOL! Not sure how much I have to talk to him again. I could get the Zoomed Thermostats. The Zoomed ones aren't the same one you had in your pic Jen. Its two black boxes connected by a thick wire. Its dual and has a low, high dial, buts THATS what i'm worried about. The Lizards are same temps and will be good, but how would it work if I put the Corn Snake and Ball on the same Thermostat. I don't know how that would work. Any advice on this matter is appreciated. Could somebody also hook me up with some pictures of heat tape. I'm not sure how that stuff works. Does it go straight across the whole tank?? If it does how do you get a warm and a cool side??? Thanks you guys. I also have Lickitys temps stabalized in the high 90's. It flows between 99 and 96. That works for me until I can get her to the Vet and the Thermosat and heattape here quickly. Peace for now. :)

hhmoore
10-02-2006, 02:42 AM
You will be hard pressed to find a cheap thermometer than can handle different different devices and different temps. The basic assumption when using a single Tstat to control multiple cages is that the caging, the temp requirements of the various animals, and the heating devices are essentially the same. There are some that can be set up to do what you ask, but they are definitely on the pricey side.

You may be better off getting a couple of "cheap" Tstats or rheostats. That is not meant to be derogatory toward some of the devices - in addition to Johnson Controls and Herpstats, I still run several ZooMed rheostats...they are cheap, and suit my needs for those setups very well.

Glad to hear PetCo is treating you right and footing the vet bill.
Good luck!