PDA

View Full Version : Method of Payment

Sweeney's Serpents
10-02-2006, 10:00 PM
I had a potential customer e-mail me several times about buying $100 worth of snakes. I responded to every request including downloading pics for the guy. He says he wants to buy and asks for my bank account number. I said money orders work best and I was not comfortable giving out bank info. He then had an excuse why he did not have money, then the next day he e-mails and said he he didn't know he was getting payed that day and if I would give he my account number then he would buy the snakes. I again said a money order would be best. I never hear from him again.

Question: Is there people out there giving bank account numbers to internet strangers to sell animals ???????????

LadyOhh
10-02-2006, 10:03 PM
NO!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Please don't!!!

Run away!!!!!

Sweeney's Serpents
10-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanx Heather, I don't need $100 bucks that bad .........It was never a question for me. But who knows maybe some on the planet earth is crazy enough.

Reptile Locators
10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
NEVER GIVE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFO! OUT TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! when things like this are asked of a person no one should Respond to them. Just Run Like the Wind! In this situation that 100.00 bucks could of cost anyone willing to give personal INFO! allot more, if they were to of given their bank info to this person the scammers are coming up with new ways to rip people off
always use caution when someone ask for this kind of INFO! or any other personal INFO!

Sweeney's Serpents
10-02-2006, 11:13 PM
This was a first for me. I can post the persons name if it would help keep others safe. What really irritates me is the 11 e-mails w/down loaded pics to respond to his e-mails.....really a waste of time...............scott

jaxom1957
10-03-2006, 03:47 AM
IHe says he wants to buy and asks for my bank account number. I said money orders work best and I was not comfortable giving out bank info....
Question: Is there people out there giving bank account numbers to internet strangers to sell animals ???????????

Do you have a PayPal account? They are free, and the only thing you have to give the buyer is the email address you use for PayPal. It's easy to set up an account, both for you and for the buyer. I use it almost exclusively when buying anything on line.

Mike Greathouse
10-03-2006, 06:34 AM
This raises an interesting question.

I too would be very suspicious of anyone asking for your bank account information, but I wonder just what they could do with it. Afterall, anyone that we write a check to has that information. Both the account number and the routing number are clearly printed on the check.

Reptile Locators
10-03-2006, 09:04 AM
This raises an interesting question.

I too would be very suspicious of anyone asking for your bank account information, but I wonder just what they could do with it. Afterall, anyone that we write a check to has that information. Both the account number and the routing number are clearly printed on the check.

Mike-
you are correct the acct. number with the routing number is on a persons checks clearly and this is just an opinion, but with 14 e-mails back and forth just seems to be this person was just trying to gain trust. By gaining their trust and get vital info to go along with the numbers in order to be able access funds and remove them with out the owner of the account knowing, we have seen on the news here where similar scenario by crooks preying on the elderly by telephone. which is a despicable thing for anyone to do to a person. and on the other hand if this information is not given their is not much of a chance they could do anything of this nature.

This was a first for me. I can post the persons name if it would help keep others safe. What really irritates me is the 11 e-mails w/down loaded pics to respond to his e-mails.....really a waste of time...............scott
Would not hurt to post e-mails

Sweeney's Serpents
10-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Pay pal is free to the buyer, seller is charged 3 percent plus I believe there are other administrative costs involved. The guy had e-mailed back after I e-mail him to ask whats up ....and he claimed that he found 2 adult proven albino tang hondos and decided to buy them instead. This was the same guy that needed his pay check to buy $110 worth of snakes(plus shipping)....

jaxom1957
10-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Pay pal is free to the buyer, seller is charged 3 percent plus I believe there are other administrative costs involved. The guy had e-mailed back after I e-mail him to ask whats up ....and he claimed that he found 2 adult proven albino tang hondos and decided to buy them instead. This was the same guy that needed his pay check to buy $110 worth of snakes(plus shipping)....

Anyone with a PayPal account can send money to another person with a PayPal account, free to both people. PayPal charges the seller fees only with a Premier/Business account. A Premier/Business account, which I have, is only necessary if the seller wishes to accept credit card payments. With a personal account, transferring money from the buyer's bank account to the seller's PayPal account, it's free.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees

CrazyReptileWorld
10-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I get some people that email me all the time...usually the reply as soon as I put an add up on Reptile Market's Classifieds...I had a person like this do these back in forth emails about an IPOD but they wanted to pay me with a payment I didn't trust..So I asked for paypal he said he would get an account but he was lying and never got back to me...