PDA

View Full Version : Cross your fingers!

droogievesch
10-08-2006, 05:34 AM
(Hopefully) short little dramatic story I call my life:

1 week ago I checked my work schedule and found out I had off on Sunday. I knew Tinley was that week end, but it was a few hours away and I was without a car, so I didn't think much of it. Then one of the girls I work with asked if anyone could work for her on Sunday since she had to go to a wedding. I figured what the hey; I could use a few extra dollars, so I tell her I'll pick it up.

Fast forward a few days AFTER the schedule is changed for me to work on Sunday. I am offered a ride down to Tinley on Sunday if I wanted to go. So I explain my work situation and try to get somebody else to take my shift. No luck. A few days after the first offer a second person offered to bring me down. This doubled my efforts to get off of work on Sunday (and by now I was kicking myself for taking her shift).

Fast forward to today (Saturday), I pulled a few strings and traded shifts and I got Sunday off. Granted, I had to work from 11:30 AM to 2:30 AM straigh through (waitressing...God do my feet hurt). The bad news is I haven't been able to get a hold of either of the people who offered me a ride! One has their phone turned off, and the other one's number was left in my dorm and wasn't with me when I realized I had off on Sunday (5:30 PM on Saturday). So now it's 4:30 AM and I'm debating if 5:30 is too early to call and let him know I can go. So, I request that all of you cross your fingers that after all the work I had to go through to go I won't miss it due to poor phone call timing.

~Jenna

(it's going to be my first BIG reptile show...oh the excitement...and oh! the CASH tips from 15 hours of work!)

droogievesch
10-08-2006, 07:18 AM
*sigh*

So I waited patiently and called a little before 6AM. I woke them up and he said not to worry about it and that him and his friend decided against driving down.

So now I'm hoping the other guy turns on his phone and calls me to let me know what's going on...

And as a last resort...anyone from Wisconsin heading down today?

hhmoore
10-08-2006, 08:54 AM
ouch - I hate when things work out like that. Hopefully, the other person will come through with a ride. I almost went to the Tinley show last year, had a late change of plans...luckily, I was able to get back on the work schedule (after my finagling to get the time off).

droogievesch
10-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Well, so far I haven't heard from him (and Lord knows I've called...but since I haven't slept in almost 24 hours time seems to be melting together and I don't know if 7 AM was a good time to call a college student...) I did try other sources, and I think I shall admit to defeat. I may even sleep sometime tonight...maybe...

And there is no way I'm going to try to get back to work today...it's a Sunday and tips won't be great so it's not worth it to me. So here I am doing homework and waiting patiently for my phone to ring (why does that remind me of a Brady Bunch episode?)

NEWReptiles
10-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I got your message Jenna, sorry I was unable to give you a lift. I have pretty much given up on the shows due to all the drama and BS that comes from the shows.

Did you end up finding a ride down?

droogievesch
10-09-2006, 05:31 PM
no :(

But I was told that it wasn't as good as it was in the past few years, so I really didn't miss too much. It just gives me more time to save up money and buy more in November :)

I have my eyes set on a tortoise now, so I think that may be my next purchase unless my mom tells me I'm not allowed to plant weeds in our lawn to feed it...then it may go to a pair of leachie geckos...and if I rawk hardcore I can get both :)

I'm slowly turning my dorm room into a zoo...one animal at a time...