PDA

View Full Version : New Thread. Was I ripped off?

LorenBbrown
10-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Okay, I didnt put the breeders name in the last thread & therefore it got locked. ANYWAYS, the name of the breeders was SideshowReptilesInc. I didnt want to post it in the first place, because I was scared that because since they have dropped off the face of this earth..someone new might have taken the name. I didnt want to bash the wrong bussiness!
ANYWAYS, I was going to buy a young adult BP Super Pastel. It cost 5000, but I put down a down payment of 1000. They told me before hand that the deposit was fully nonrefundable. I read the terms, but I thought it had some errors. So I ended up skipping through a few lines. It turns out that near the end it said "By signing this TOS, you agree that you know whether or not your animal can be shipped. I will not be liable for any losses if you fail to know so before putting down the deposit. The deposit is fully non refundable, and you will not recieve your money back if you fail to pick up or reiceive your animal. By signing this, you agree that you are fully responsible..." I put down the 1000 dollars, and then realised two days later that the animal cant be shipped. Should I get my deposit back and how so? Can i press charges? Any advice? Or am i just screwed?

Please dont ask for emails. I am not interested in posting them because it takes forever to get to them.

LorenBBrown

Wilomn
10-22-2006, 03:27 PM
If you signed, you knew.

You're out your money.

READ it all next time.

LorenBbrown
10-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh okay. Im not upset, because it was my fault. I just wanted to know if there was anything I could do about it. Thank you.

Any more advice is appreciated.

Cat_72
10-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Eh, maybe this is of no help, but I'm really curious as to why they couldn't ship the snake?

TripleMoonsExotic
10-22-2006, 04:03 PM
This came up not too long ago in this thread:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87666

Cat_72
10-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Hmmm....I was thinking it was the same poster from that thread.

Same state, same initials, same exact problem....I guess I assumed. What a funny coincidence! :)

CFoley
10-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Hell...for $1000...Go drive and pick the snake up...

chondrogal
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm also wondering why they couldn't ship a ball python? Seems to me like there's got to be some information missing here!

DThomas
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
This belongs on the BOI, with the person's name in the title. You can start a new thread there and I can merge the two. This thread will be deleted in the near future.