PDA

View Full Version : next question.. shipping????

Bella17
11-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Alright, so if the time comes that I have to for sure sell my balls, and i can't get someone in state.. how do you go about mailing. I know winter is somewhat of the off season, along with the hothot summertime... butwhat are the rules, guidlines, and yadayada. Do people put the snake in a "snake bag" then in a box stuffed with packing peanuts, or.. do people use the styrofome coolers... i really dont know, and thats why i prob sound like an idiot.. so please give me any tips and suggestions on who you go about mailing your reptiles.
Michelle

hhmoore
11-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Michelle,
Clay has a good description of how to ship snakes here (http://arbreptiles.com/shipping/index.shtml)

However, FedEx is the only overnight carrier that accepts snakes (before anybody says anything, here it is -) by policy...and they require you to go through a simple certification process. I haven't used Delta cargo/freight in a long time, so I don't know what their requirements are...but the problem with air freight is that there is no guaranteed arrival time. Packages can get bumped, and you pretty much can do nothing but wait. In your situation, it might be easier to find somebody that can do it for you...but you do have time to get the FedEx paperwork squared away, if you choose to go that route. THere are several threads on here about how to do that.