PDA

View Full Version : Hot dogs...

Bella17
11-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Has any one heard of someone using hot dogs, or hot dog chunks to feet their snake??? A while back i thought i had heard something like, it wont harm them, and gives them still alot of nutrients.. what do you think...

Michelle

LadyOhh
11-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Absolutly not!!! That is not healthy at all... Too many preservatives, and salts... They would NEVER eat a hotdog in the wild, so why is it alright to feed it to them now? I doubt they would even take it.

Bella17
11-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Thats kind of what I thought, I assumed the preservatives and such would be a risk. I'm actually trying to find that link I saw it in.. id really like to re-read what they said about it. I thought it was used in the context of force feeding, but I can't remember anymore.

Michelle

Cat_72
11-23-2006, 12:29 PM
I would assume the original person was talking about those "snake sausages", not actual hot dogs.....at least I hope they were. I try not to even let my kids eat hot dogs!

clarinet45
11-23-2006, 01:35 PM

hhmoore
11-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Much as I hate to say it - Michelle probably did read that about hot dogs (*that does not mean I am recommending it, lol), and it was likely in reference to forcefeeding nonfeeding adults. Regardless of what they may have in them, I can see that they would probably slide in alot easier than a rat; and, as such, there are those that would suggest using them. I'd use the rat, personally, but I am pretty darned good at forcefeeding, lol.

If iguanas can eat pizza, why not give a BP a hot dog?

The above was meant strictly as a joke. The statement was mine, and mine alone; and should not reflect poorly on this site, its owner, or the membership. Harald Moore and KBI Herpetoculture deny any responsibility - monetary, moral, or other - in the event that somebody should have a negative experience associated with feeding their reptiles "people food". Everybody knows that snakes eat animals, and (near as I can tell) hot dogs are not, nor do they bear any resemblance to, animals. It was only a joke.

clarinet45
11-23-2006, 01:48 PM

LadyOhh
11-23-2006, 02:36 PM
LOL Harald... I love the disclaimer!

wcreptiles
11-23-2006, 03:10 PM
This topic came up once before here's a link to a previous discussion.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74053

Bella17
11-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks for finding that link.. i thought i heard about it somewhere else.

Michelle