PDA

View Full Version : I'm so mean!!

loye
12-07-2006, 02:01 PM
So my big sis is absolutely terrifieds of snakes! Well, when she woke up I had my big girl Kaida over my shoulders. She freaked out. And me being the little sh*t that I am, keep tryin to get her to at least touch its tail or something. So last night she had asked me to lend her $20 for something. So...this morning I told her I would lend her $20 if she would touch Kaida's tail...she did! Now i have to give her $20 lol! i didn't think she would do it lol

DAND
12-07-2006, 02:26 PM
As the saying goes, "Everyone has their price".

Lucille
12-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Maybe she wants the twenty bucks to go buy a cornsnake :D

deborahbroadus
12-07-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't think you were mean, I do the same thing with family all the time! :)

barbie69
12-07-2006, 04:07 PM
LOL!!! That's great!!! :rofl:

Junkyard
12-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Whatever it takes.

Wolfy-hound
12-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I'll agree with the bet, but I don't ever torment people with my snakes. It fosters the idea that herpers are irresponsible.
I think she got ya back!
Wolfy laughs

Leighanne
12-07-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't hound people either because I'd have to sock somebody for hurting my baby, but that was pretty darn funny!!

SpinsterSly
12-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Lol, nice!

My whole family likes my snake and they aren't even remotely scared. So, I have to invite over friends and freak THEM out.

garweft
12-17-2006, 02:49 AM
That was not funny at all. You have no respect for your snake or the herp community in general.

Would it still have been funny if she would have thrown it across the room and broke it's back, or killed it?

You had a chance to slowly let her overcome her fear and maybe even possibly you could have sparked her interest in herps. But you went the other way and showed that some people are just plain :censored:!!

Your not funny, and your not cool. And I truly feel sorry for the people and animals that have to put up with you.

Grow up and respect the hobby or get the :censored: out!!

DAND
12-17-2006, 03:40 AM
That was not funny at all. You have no respect for your snake or the herp community in general.

Would it still have been funny if she would have thrown it across the room and broke it's back, or killed it?

You had a chance to slowly let her overcome her fear and maybe even possibly you could have sparked her interest in herps. But you went the other way and showed that some people are just plain :censored:!!

Your not funny, and your not cool. And I truly feel sorry for the people and animals that have to put up with you.

So tell us what your really mean. Don't hold back now. :rofl:

Suncoast Herpetological
12-17-2006, 11:16 AM

Lighten up Matthew. She wasn't walking down the street scaring pedestrians. She was in her own home messing with her sister. I agree it was childish but your reaction is way the hell over the top.

loye
12-17-2006, 01:50 PM

Actually i guess you'd of had to been here...

There is no way she could have thrown my snake anywhere...he was in no danger...she wasn't holding him...she ran her finger down her tail.

She is slowly overcoming her fear...normally she won't be in the same room w/ me knowing i have a snake...that morning she came out, saw i had her...and was leaning around me in the chair i was in to open our blinds. She then sat thier looking at Kaida..so i said...'you wanna touch her' she said no thats ok but had the look like she wanted to. I asked why not? she said she was afraid of the head. So i told her i would hold the head so she couldn't get anywhere near her. She was like'no i can't' and laughed. So i told her i'd give her $20 to touch her tail. She did it...then came back and asked to do it again. Now, my sis goes in my room and watches them. She also asks me to take them out so she can watch them...she is working up to holding them...but i WILL NOT let her until i'm 100% sure she is going to be ok with it. Period. When she decides to, I'm gonna let her start w/ Kaida (she's bigger) that way she can start by just letting her wrap her tail around her and see what it would be like...so thank you very much..you have NO idea how well i really do take care of my animals
and for my honesey...i think your a smart a$$ and that was completely uncalled for. Touch and holding are two different things. I would NEVER put any of my animals in danger.

Wolfy-hound
12-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Actuallly..... I think that he thought you put the snake around HER shoulders while she was asleep. Misunderstanding. THAT would have been SO irresponsible that I would have gone off on you as well.
I still think scaring someone with a snake is not a good thing.
But I think there was a minor misunderstanding on what happened.
Wolfy

Cat_72
12-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Actuallly..... I think that he thought you put the snake around HER shoulders while she was asleep. Misunderstanding. THAT would have been SO irresponsible that I would have gone off on you as well.
I still think scaring someone with a snake is not a good thing.
But I think there was a minor misunderstanding on what happened.
Wolfy

The first time I read it, that's what I thought, I had to re-read it. :shrug01:

I don't find anything funny about scaring folks with snakes either, and the way you describe things in the second post sound a whole lot different than the first.....regardless, I guess if she is getting accustomed to them gradually, it's a good thing. But I've seen way too many people develop a REAL fear of snakes by people pulling what they think are harmless little pranks and scare the heck out of them.

garweft
12-17-2006, 07:19 PM
So my big sis is absolutely terrifieds of snakes! Well, when she woke up I had my big girl Kaida over my shoulders. She freaked out.

Actuallly..... I think that he thought you put the snake around HER shoulders while she was asleep.

That is exactly what I though was written. I guess I should not allow myself on fauna after 2am as apparently I am unable to read properly after then. :shrug01:

...i think your a smart a$$

And with that you would be right. :D

There are only a few things that really get me angry. One of which is irresponsible keepers that like to either shock or scare people with their animals. Herp keepers are having enough problems trying to fight off a bad image and constant legislation, and people like that are not helping at all. I have seen it in public, in pet stores, and even on class field trips with people that should know better. So when I see someone being an a$$ I make sure to let it be known how I feel.

However apparently this time I made a mistake and therefore owe you an apology. So I am sorry for what I said.

loye
12-17-2006, 11:47 PM
However apparently this time I made a mistake and therefore owe you an apology. So I am sorry for what I said.

I respect that and thank you. I didn't mean to go off either, I guess I didn't realize that it was misunderstood. I just want everyone to know that i would NEVER put my snakes in any kind of danger. I do not allow people near them if they show any signs of being nervous, or scared. All of my animals are rescues and have come a long way since I have gotten them. I've had someone ask if they could put on a sweatshirt and hide thier hand in it and then just wrap my snake around their wrist because they wanted to hold it, but didn't want to touch it...i told them to kiss my a$$! lol. But i did tell my sister...that little by little she can work up to holdin them if she'd like...baby steps!