PDA

View Full Version : my new snakes

Valley Dragons
12-21-2006, 07:01 PM
I had to show off my new snakes - I traded a group of beardies last week for a male and female Graziani line pastel. Also pictured is my normal female. Both of the new babies have eaten twice already!!

Jamie

FireStorm
12-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Nice! I'm glad they're eating for you. How big are they?

Valley Dragons
12-21-2006, 07:21 PM
The male is 150 grams, and the female is 250 grams. They are not as bright as some of the pastels that I have seen on here - but I like them nonetheless, lol. The normal female is 1900 grams. I'm beginning to see that snake keeping can be addictive. I'd like to get a spider next. Very cool animals.

Jamie

garweft
12-21-2006, 08:01 PM
I see some super pastels in your future! :D

RKO1
12-22-2006, 03:30 AM
it sucks they are browning out that young, looks like they are going to be ugly adults

MorphCapital
12-22-2006, 07:36 AM
Congrats!

FireStorm
12-22-2006, 07:41 AM
The male is 150 grams, and the female is 250 grams. They are not as bright as some of the pastels that I have seen on here - but I like them nonetheless, lol. The normal female is 1900 grams. I'm beginning to see that snake keeping can be addictive. I'd like to get a spider next. Very cool animals.

Jamie

A spider would be great; then you could produce Bumblebees :) Good luck!

Valley Dragons
12-22-2006, 08:12 AM
it sucks they are browning out that young, looks like they are going to be ugly adults

You're pretty blunt, aren't you! :ack2:

I don't know that much about ball pythons yet, I'm just getting into morphs and such. I made a trade with Allen of Reptile Kingdom - he promised to pick me out two nice snakes in trade for a large clutch of my dragons. I did a check with BOI on this guy and everyone said that I would be very happy with whatever I got from him. Maybe I've "been had", maybe not. I am hoping that the genetics will still be able to produce a super and some other pastels that will look decent. I know that with dragon breeding you can breed two "dull" looking adults that happen to have the right genetics and still produce some pretty nice babies. Here's to hoping...

Jamie

FireStorm
12-22-2006, 08:42 AM
You'll still be able to produce supers, and if you breed to really nice clean normals you can produce nice pastels, too. Just use the best normals you can find and you'll be ok.

Hope this helps,
Shelly

Valley Dragons
12-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the advice! :)

Jamie

gmherps
12-22-2006, 10:13 AM
they look great!

LadyOhh
12-22-2006, 03:00 PM
They are beautiful!

garweft
12-22-2006, 06:48 PM

If you don't have anything nice to say...

Yeah, like I have room to talk. :rofl:

They can still make some nice supers. And like others have said, breed them to light colored normals and you will have some stellar babies. :thumbsup:

darkbloodwyvern
12-24-2006, 06:57 PM
they are still prettier than most normals, and I am planning on getting a fairly fugly male myself, but he is from a good guy and has a very nice ringer on his tail. I think it's fairly rude to leave such a blunt comment, sounds like someone needs to feel better about their own issues... even mediocre pastels can produce neat looking babies, just breed the male to a nice normal as well as to his matching counterpart and you should get a good variety of supers and pastels!!

By the way, to my "never having seen a real axanthic in person" eye, that middle snake looks kind of axanthic, really pretty for a normal!! Anyways, good luck and enjoy, as long as they eat well and get fat, I don't care if they aren't screamers!!! Just post some more pics when they get bigger :)

Valley Dragons
12-24-2006, 11:25 PM
they are still prettier than most normals, and I am planning on getting a fairly fugly male myself, but he is from a good guy and has a very nice ringer on his tail. I think it's fairly rude to leave such a blunt comment, sounds like someone needs to feel better about their own issues... even mediocre pastels can produce neat looking babies, just breed the male to a nice normal as well as to his matching counterpart and you should get a good variety of supers and pastels!!

By the way, to my "never having seen a real axanthic in person" eye, that middle snake looks kind of axanthic, really pretty for a normal!! Anyways, good luck and enjoy, as long as they eat well and get fat, I don't care if they aren't screamers!!! Just post some more pics when they get bigger :)

Yeah, she is pretty. I know nothing about her background, she was purchased form a pet store. I assume that she is just a pretty normal - but I have to agree that she does look a bit axanthic. Hopefull she will produce some pretty babies for me one of these days!

Jamie

inked1
12-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Very pretty little guys, congrats!

I also just picked up a young male pastel and female normal a few days ago, and can't wait to view the offspring in a few years.

Good luck with yours!

markface
12-25-2006, 11:59 AM
congrats on the new critters . as far as i'm conserned all snakes are beautiful . good luck with them in the future .