PDA

View Full Version : Refund Question

SPJ
01-16-2007, 08:55 PM
I paid for an animal last week. It was supposed to arrive this morning. This morning I recieved an email from the seller saying that he had personal problems at home and missed the ship date and would try to ship today. I responded that I would like to know if it would arrive tomorrow instead since I needed to make arrangements for someone to be here since I cannot take the day off from work (I was off today).

I did not hear back all day. I finally sent another email stating that if the animal will not arrive tomorrow, I want a full refund.
The unseasonably warm weather is now gone and waiting any longer would mean shipping in single digit temps which I do not want. This animal is gravid and I refuse to have her shipped in extreme temps.

Am I wrong to demand a refund?

I am sympathetic to family issues arising but at the same time, I don't want to jeopardize the animal.
I still have not gotten any word back so I am assuming that since I did not get a tracking number that the animal will not arrive tomorrow.

At this point the window of opportunity to ship in 40-50 degree temps has passed and since I have not heard anything regarding shipment, I would like a full refund. I realize people have problems and delays happen but in this case, I think the delay would negatively impact the animal and I do not feel I should have to deal with that and should be given a full refund.

What are your opinions on this?

SPJ
01-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Well I guess I wasn't too messed up being concerned. :D
He issued a full refund tonight and understood my concerns about shipping in single digit temps.
Definitely a good guy who cares about the welfare of his animals.

Thumbs up to Ron Billingsley. :thumbsup:

starwarsdad
01-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Good to hear!!!

garweft
01-17-2007, 07:20 PM
It is easy to become distracted by other issues and miss a shipping date. The important part is that he was quick to offer a refund when it was requested instead of shipping during a cold spell.

He does seem like a really nice person to deal with. And from what I've seen he makes some nice acrylic displays as well. :thumbsup:

patenaud
09-13-2007, 09:36 AM
I was never offered anything for my hassles;

I bought a couple of displays from Ron. I told him that I was driving down to the U.S. (from Canada) to pick them up. I called ahead of time to confirm that the displays were shipped and he confirmed that they were....except they weren't....

So...there I was at a UPS store in NY 1.5 hours from home with no displays...

I called him when I was there. He was at a show and it took about another 1.5 hours before he finally confirmed that he had relied on someone else and that they weren't shipped. That's allot of waiting around.

He was always polite but I had to drive back empty handed and nothing was offered as a token. He simply said that he'd pay the difference for Express shipping.

So total time wasted. 1.5 *2 for the initial trip
1.5 * 2 for the second trip
1.5 waiting around for him to get back to me on first trip.

4.5 hours.

The experience was such a hassle that I'm now getting acrylic displays fabricated in Canada and reselling them to Canadian clients.

I only make $40.00 profit on each of them, but they sell well. That's business that would have gone to Ron...never would have thought of it if it wasn't for him. You also get what you pay for....When I brought one of the displays to a fabricator to show him what I wanted done, he immediately told me that he could never match the price because he refused to build the displays like Ron's with sharp edges, end pieces, non-polished surfaces, etc.

Denis
DenJenn Reptiles
www.pythonregius.ca

DThomas
09-13-2007, 09:51 AM
When naming names, these types of posts belong on the BOI.