PDA

View Full Version : Morph King splitting up?

Biscuit71
01-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I was at the morph king site just to see what was new as I have heard very little talk about them lately.. well, then again, I have been spending alot of time in the Boa forums lately.. anywho, there was a statement on the front page saying they are splitting up, but they are still honoring the payment plans they had already agreed to... is this a new thing, or was this in the works for a time? I would imagine this is why they had the very low prices in the spring? Maybe?

Bill & Amy
01-24-2007, 10:54 PM
It started a while ago and has been on the front page for quite sometime. It didnt happen until after the spring price incident. It has been going on a couple of months anyway. :shrug01:

LadyOhh
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
This has been true for a while...

MKR is bye bye.

darkbloodwyvern
01-25-2007, 04:18 PM
It started a while ago and has been on the front page for quite sometime. It didnt happen until after the spring price incident. It has been going on a couple of months anyway. :shrug01:

what is the Spring price incident?

lillyorchid
01-25-2007, 07:49 PM
what is the Spring price incident?

Right before the Daytona show last year they dropped all their morph prices to stupid stupid low :angry: thinking they would come out on top because they would be selling their animals dirt cheap to everyone, etc. In the end they just crashed and burned :rofl:

If you do a search on here for them on the BOI - you'll be able to read all about it.

So glad they are gone!

darkbloodwyvern
01-25-2007, 08:02 PM
ok, I know what happened there, glad it caused a problem for them as well as everyone else. I mean, one's prices are one's own business, but that was pretty sneaky. I think they easily could have lowered their own prices without being so extreme about it and getting bit in the butt as a consequence. :rolleyes_

joepythons
01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
ok, I know what happened there, glad it caused a problem for them as well as everyone else. I mean, one's prices are one's own business, but that was pretty sneaky. I think they easily could have lowered their own prices without being so extreme about it and getting bit in the butt as a consequence. :rolleyes_Well the real kicker to all of this was they were buying snakes and selling them as they bred them :angry: .Truth is there whole collection consisted of just 200 snakes and majority of them were hets :rofl: :rofl: .

NorthernRegius.com
01-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Right before the Daytona show last year they dropped all their morph prices to stupid stupid low :angry: thinking they would come out on top because they would be selling their animals dirt cheap to everyone, etc. In the end they just crashed and burned :rofl:

If you do a search on here for them on the BOI - you'll be able to read all about it.

So glad they are gone!

What REALLY sucks isn't how they discounted themselves out of business... that was inevitable. Other good folks got sucked into an unnecessary price war. IMO they should have stood their ground. We may see an adjustment reflected in this year's market (I hope).

Some folks will show you an example of how to do business, others will show one how NOT to do it. RIP MKR, I hope you're not duplicated anytime soon.

LadyOhh
01-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I completely agree... :)

darkbloodwyvern
01-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Some folks will show you an example of how to do business, others will show one how NOT to do it. RIP MKR, I hope you're not duplicated anytime soon.

Amen to that!

SoulSmilen
01-26-2007, 01:28 AM
As much as I hate to bring about another large debate or discussion on MKR (and won't continue after this), I do wish that folks wouldn't post the wrong information and would only post what they know is true and factual from first-hand information rather than listening to what others say and perpetuating the rumor.

MKR did not "discount themselves out of business" nor did the discounting cause the "crash and burn."

varnyard
01-26-2007, 06:16 AM
As much as I hate to bring about another large debate or discussion on MKR (and won't continue after this), I do wish that folks wouldn't post the wrong information and would only post what they know is true and factual from first-hand information rather than listening to what others say and perpetuating the rumor.

MKR did not "discount themselves out of business" nor did the discounting cause the "crash and burn."

That is correct. But what they did do is drop the price on animals they did not even have. I heard that from the horse's mouth. Wes said that it was all Joe's idea when I spoke with him on the phone.

Regardless, that is sad, knowing your partner was dropping the price on animals you are not even producing. But then covering it up, by claiming this now. :NoNo:

They both knew what was going on, therefore they both are pitted together in my book.

NorthernRegius.com
01-26-2007, 08:20 AM
...I do wish that folks wouldn't post the wrong information and would only post what they know is true and factual from first-hand information rather than listening to what others say and perpetuating the rumor.

OK, what do you call it when you over-sell & underproduce... beyond your ability to sustain your clientbase? :shrug01:

Yes, the partnership broke up... but even if it hadn't they were headed for trouble. Selling beyond what you have is not a sustainable tactic, semantics aside. -Deb