PDA

View Full Version : Vision CB-70 hints & configurations?

MorphCapital
01-29-2007, 07:22 AM
I just put together my first Vision CB-70 rack, I personally really like it, it was easy to put together, easy to move around and can be customised at almost every angle.

Im working on getting the heating just right but would like some tips from people who own one of these as far as where the best place for probe placement, as well as any other heating issues / configurations they have experienced. Has anyone had any problems maintaining equal heat gradients on every level with the CB-70? Thoughts / Comments (related to CB-70) configurations?

LadyOhh
01-29-2007, 12:59 PM
My probe I place in the recesses where the heat cord is located, but not too close.. I had to watch the temps closely to make sure it worked (as you can adjust the amount of heat cord depending on the tub)

It's a matter of measuring the heat rope and the curvature of each level so that everyone has equal... I had to place it three times before I got it right, but now it's perfect.

It's honestly just trial and error... It's a pain though when your rack is in a tiny corner and you keep having to pull it out to adjust, but that is a personal problem :)

MorphCapital
01-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Each level has the same amount of rope rows woven into the rack but I didn't actually measure the cable length for each row, is that what you meant? I'm thinking it may help, a couple levels are a degree apart so it makes sense that if one rows cable were woven tighter it could subtract a degree compare to a loosely woven row. hmm.. I ordered a temp gun to also get more accurate temp readings, sometimes using a few different digital thermometers can have inaccurate readings.

Also, having the probe under the tub next to the woven rope, what do you end up setting your thermostat at to provide a sufficient heat spot. It seems on mine I have to set it at around 94 to get a 87 degree "hot spot" in the tub. I know it verys depending on rope and room temp but just curious what you have yours at?

LadyOhh
01-29-2007, 10:16 PM
I eyeballed it the first time, but I have found measuring it is better to be equal. I actually use two heat ropes...

Mine is my breeding rack, so right now it is at 88 for a 86 degree hot spot... But for normal temps (and I am in California, and the ambient temps are rather high), I usually put it to about 91, which gives me around a 90 hot spot.

MorphCapital
01-30-2007, 07:22 AM
I think I now finally have it just right, thanks for your help! These rack really are awesome.

Larry Suttles
01-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey Mc, I just ordered more cable so I didn't have to keep redoing it to get things right, plus the bottom levels needs a lot more cable to keep the heat up..IMO I set the Helix prob right on top of the Heat cable being sure the prob is touching the cable and I set it at 95 a perfect 90 hot spot in the tub. Larry

MorphCapital
01-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the posts!