PDA

View Full Version : Racks- Neil Golli?

catawhat
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Has anyone used the 15 qt STC-410 rack from Neil Golli for their ball pythons? I am thinking of getting a couple and wanted to know how people liked them or what they didn't like about them. Any info appreciated (even if it is another rack system you think is better, as long as they come pre-wired and preferably with Isis tubs :D )

SPJ
02-05-2007, 07:08 PM
15 qt tubs are really only good for hatchling BP's and those up to about 6 months old. It's not really all that big a tub.
I have some of mine that are 10 months old right now in 32 qt tubs. They would never fit in the 15 qt ones.

Have you thought about a rack that will hold 2 15 qt tubs per shelf or 1 32 qt tub? This way the hatchlings can go in the smaller tubs for a little while and then switch tubs to the 32 qt one when they need the extra room.

I really like the AP racks. You need to put them together and set in the heating (only takes about 45 minutes for a 10 shelf one) but they are awesome racks and very well made.

You might also try Jungle Habitats or Reptile Basics and see if they have any you are interested in.

catawhat
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks Steve :D I had planned on the 15 just for my late '06 babies, I have several who are in the 125-250 gram range. Guess they will hit the 400+ mark too quickly to make the 15 worthwhile. My adults and sub adults will get the 30 if not larger.
I have my list narrowed down to a couple different places, AP being one of them. I just worry about not putting everything together right as I have no building skills, lol.

neilgolli
02-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Ingrid,
The 15 quart rack works great for ball pythons up to 600 - 700 grams. Remember that balls prefer small tight, dark places. The Iris 15 quart tub rack have a much greater floor space (17" x 13" x 37 3/8" ) than do that of Sterilite or rubbermaid. The tubs would actually hold up to a 800 - 1000 gram ball python if it were just a bit taller. They problem encountered with balls a bit larger is that when they coil a meal, sometimes your unable to close the tub. This rack will hold most balls until they are up to a year old even when feed very well.

Neil Golli