PDA

View Full Version : Victorias Reptiles-Inquiry

MRC31
03-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I am wanting to purchase a couple snakes from Victorias Reptiles from Florida and wondering if anybody has any feedback? Thank you in advance :thumbsup:

Neil Gubitz
03-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Oh, this is choice.... Do a search on here for DAVE LAWSON (the owner), and if you still decide to do business with him, make him send you the snakes FIRST and then send ME the money for the $6000 he owes me and I'll split it with the dozen OTHER people he owes money to, or risk losing every penny you send him.... Other than that, I would suggest you leave SKID MARKS!!.... How's that for an answer??....

Neil

Dave Lawson
03-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Mrc31, I will ask you to do this, use the search feature and enter my name and you will find that I have never had a bad reptile deal or complaint.

MRC31
03-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks Neil !!!
Dave- I typed in your name and found a BUNCH of information, it makes me VERY hesitant to deal with you. How about Neils suggestion send me the snakes first? I have a all positive trader rating. If it goes well, I can give you your first.
whatchya think Neil?

Neil Gubitz
03-22-2007, 12:45 AM
You're kidding, right??.... Why don't you go pet a lion, maybe you won't get your hand bit off, either....
Why waste your time and money, there are PLENTY of REPUTABLE dealers around that have the same snakes.... Heck, they're only recent wild caught animals that EVERYBODY has right now.... Why take the chance??.... Lawson owes SO MUCH MONEY to SO MANY PEOPLE, why should he treat YOU any different??.... But, it's your hard-earned money, spend it any way you want....
Of course, if you get in touch with me, I'll put you in touch with a bunch of people who will treat you RIGHT the FIRST time.... Why deal with a SCAM ARTIST??....

Neil

MRC31
03-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Ok, Neil. I am taking your advice. I will look elsewhere....Thank you !

Neil Gubitz
03-22-2007, 01:01 AM
SMART MOVE!!.... Call me tomorrow, and I'll give you some names of GOOD people....

Well, Lawson, there goes a whole season of profit, huh??.... lmao

Neil

Dave Lawson
03-22-2007, 08:46 AM
mrc31, It is your choice. But I still say that if you wade through are the Bull :censored: in those threads (most of it from Niel) you will find not bad retile deal at all. But it is totally up to you but you should know that you have taken the advice of Neil Gubitz the man who stole money and robbed his daddys store 4 times. Give me a call and we can strike a deal that we are both happy with. But these animals are moving fast , so make up your mind quick I will be out soon.

jsrocket
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Never a bad reptile deal? Dave, isn't it true that you were banned from the Tampa reptile show in 2003, for writing bad checks to multiple other vendors, and suspicion of theft?

jsrocket
03-22-2007, 01:50 PM
I just realized Dave has left the building.

MRC31
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
I see the add I was interested in on ks has been deleted. He offered shipping usps for $20. I made a comment about the legality, he claimed the post master doesn't mind as long as he marks the box. Then he offered ups for $50

From: Victoriareptiles@aol.com Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:36:54 EDT
Subject: Re: Message about: Saharan Sand Boas (G. Muelleri)
To: cgreptile@yahoo.com
They are 10" and bigger, they have not feed yet and shipping $20 USPS.

Thank You,

Victoria's Reptiles
813-788-0356
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:31:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: "M C" <cgreptile@yahoo.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: Victoriareptiles@aol.com
Hi. Aren't snakes prohibited via the post office?

Victoriareptiles@aol.com wrote:

Thank You,

Victoria's Reptiles
813-788-0356
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:31:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: "M C" <cgreptile@yahoo.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: Victoriareptiles@aol.com
Hi. Aren't snakes prohibited via the post office?

Victoriareptiles@aol.com wrote:

Thank You,

Victoria's Reptiles
813-788-0356
From: Victoriareptiles@aol.com Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:39:13 EDT
To: cgreptile@yahoo.com
The post master here allows it as long as I mark the box. But i can do ups but it will be $50

Thank You,

Victoria's Reptiles
813-788-0356

Neil Gubitz
03-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Micah.... If you ship SNAKES with UPS, it is just AGAINST THEIR POLICY to ship snakes UNLESS you have special permission.... but if you ship SNAKES via USPS, it is AGAINST THE LAW!!!.... YOU could get in some serious trouble for RECEIVING Snakes through the USPS....

As I said, if you do business with LAWSON, you WILL have problems of one kind or another.... PERIOD!!

Neil

MRC31
03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Neil. I am well aware of shipping snakes via usps is illegal. i was just wondering what Mr Lawson would have to say. It was just one more red flag. I am not spending my money there.

tail shaker
03-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey Neil, If your going to open your mouth, Please stick to the facts. If you unlawfully ship something, then you unlawfully ship something. Don't make one spin worse then another.

"UPS Accepted / Prohibited Live Animals

Accepted Live Animals

This is a comprehensive list of live animals accepted for transportation. Shippers are prohibited from shipping any animal not listed here, and all other live animals will not be accepted for transportation. The following live animals are accepted for transportation unless poisonous, venomous, and/or a Threatened or Endangered Species.

Amphibians (All): Examples: frogs, salamanders, toads
Crustaceans (All): Examples: crabs, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp
Fish (All)
Insects (Limited to beneficial insects only): Examples: bees, butterflies, crickets, lady bugs
Mollusks (All): Examples: clams, mussels, snails
Reptiles (Limited to the following):
- Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons
- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles
Worms (All)

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
Any Threatened or Endangered species
Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
Birds (All)
Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
Mammals (All)
Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous"

"Live Animals

FedEx Express does not accept live-animal shipments as part of its regular-scheduled service and does not transport household pets such as dogs, cats, birds and hamsters. FedEx Express may accept certain shipments of live animals such as horses, livestock and zoo animals (to and from zoo locations only) on an exception basis if approved and coordinated by the FedEx Live Animal Desk"

It is illegal to ship most live cargo, if you read the fine print, any way other then airport to airport cargo such as Delta Air Freight. If you wanna discuss the legality of shipping live cargo via UPS, Fed-Ex or USPS, do so without the spin. Either way you look at it, anyone who has shipped an animal via fed-ex or ups , with the exception of those few who contacted the live animal shipment desk, has probably broken the law by doing so. Don't sit here and be a hippocrate and tell people that they are breaking the law by accepting live cargo from USPS, when it is just as unlawful to accept it from UPS or Fed Ex, which I am sure the majority of us have done.

In light of this apparently new information, I think that all of us should stop selling and buying reptiles over the internet. No more! We have been breaking the law , unknowingly of course, for far too long. End it now! Stop the madness! I for one will only ever buy from a petstore or herpshow from here on out. In fact, there is no need to have an online reptile classified website. Unless ofcourse, we are all going to abide by the law, and only ship/receive live animals via Delta Air Cargo or actually call the "live animal shipment desk" at Fed Ex and properly, and legally arrange for our animals to ship. GIVE ME A BREAK!

tail shaker
03-22-2007, 04:28 PM
And one more thing. I would much rather ship USPS then FedEx or UPS anyday. I have been in the shipping business for a long time and I can tell you that, of the three afformentioned carriers, USPS is by far the gentilest with their cargo.

fuscusking13
03-22-2007, 04:50 PM
I have no reason to argue with you, but the major difference with the post office is that it is federal. It is much more serious an offence there than thru the other carriers. Although almost all of the carriers are "illegal" that one would be the most serious. Dan M.

Neil Gubitz
03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry, man, but I think you're mistaken.... the difference is the LAW....

It is UNLAWFUL to ship snakes through the USPS.... it is only AGAINST THE TOS of UPS and FedEx to ship snakes, but NOT ILLEGAL....

Can you see the difference??

Neil

Ken Harbart
03-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey Neil, If your going to open your mouth, Please stick to the facts. If you unlawfully ship something, then you unlawfully ship something. Don't make one spin worse then another.

"UPS Accepted / Prohibited Live Animals

Accepted Live Animals

This is a comprehensive list of live animals accepted for transportation. Shippers are prohibited from shipping any animal not listed here, and all other live animals will not be accepted for transportation. The following live animals are accepted for transportation unless poisonous, venomous, and/or a Threatened or Endangered Species.

Amphibians (All): Examples: frogs, salamanders, toads
Crustaceans (All): Examples: crabs, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp
Fish (All)
Insects (Limited to beneficial insects only): Examples: bees, butterflies, crickets, lady bugs
Mollusks (All): Examples: clams, mussels, snails
Reptiles (Limited to the following):
- Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons
- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles
Worms (All)

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
Any Threatened or Endangered species
Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
Birds (All)
Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
Mammals (All)
Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous"

"Live Animals

FedEx Express does not accept live-animal shipments as part of its regular-scheduled service and does not transport household pets such as dogs, cats, birds and hamsters. FedEx Express may accept certain shipments of live animals such as horses, livestock and zoo animals (to and from zoo locations only) on an exception basis if approved and coordinated by the FedEx Live Animal Desk"

It is illegal to ship most live cargo, if you read the fine print, any way other then airport to airport cargo such as Delta Air Freight. If you wanna discuss the legality of shipping live cargo via UPS, Fed-Ex or USPS, do so without the spin. Either way you look at it, anyone who has shipped an animal via fed-ex or ups , with the exception of those few who contacted the live animal shipment desk, has probably broken the law by doing so. Don't sit here and be a hippocrate and tell people that they are breaking the law by accepting live cargo from USPS, when it is just as unlawful to accept it from UPS or Fed Ex, which I am sure the majority of us have done.

In light of this apparently new information, I think that all of us should stop selling and buying reptiles over the internet. No more! We have been breaking the law , unknowingly of course, for far too long. End it now! Stop the madness! I for one will only ever buy from a petstore or herpshow from here on out. In fact, there is no need to have an online reptile classified website. Unless ofcourse, we are all going to abide by the law, and only ship/receive live animals via Delta Air Cargo or actually call the "live animal shipment desk" at Fed Ex and properly, and legally arrange for our animals to ship. GIVE ME A BREAK!
Apparently you do not know what is and isn't a law. What you have posted are the policies of private corporations. These policies do not have the force of law. USPS, on the other hand, is a quasi-government entity, and their regulations are codified in the CFR.

That being said, please stop trying to admonish people who post factual information and "correct" it with your own gross misinformation.

Suncoast Herpetological
03-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Actually, Fedex has a very simple process you can go through to become a legitamate Snake Shipper through them. I, and a fair number of other members here have been Fedex certified to ship reptiles (including snakes) for quite some time.

David Reid
03-22-2007, 07:57 PM
There might be a fair number of people who will disagree with what I am about to write, but here is my opinion.

The Neil and Dave saga is old, tired, and played. I would not buy from either of them, and Neil just keeps reinforcing the fact that some people just do not know when to shut up, or what to take to email.

If Victoria's Reptiles is Dave, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, I noticed that no name was signed to the ad, and noticed that the picture in the ad might be the worst ever taken. Those are two reasons I will not buy from Dave.

In this hobby/business, there are people in it just for the money, and sometimes they are easy to spot, other times a bit harder. If you are going to sell reptiles, you need a decent camera, and just like computers, digital cameras have come way down in price. I am not saying you need to spend $20K on a camera with 32 Megapixels, and I will be the first to admit that not all of my pictures come out perfect, but there are nice cameras for under $200.

*Off topic* I am not the world's best speller, best person regarding proper punctuation and grammar, but if you use "an" instead of and, and "sell" instead of sale, you really need to get someone to write your ads and posts. Not everyone went to the best schools, went to college, even graduated High School, and I understand that, but I only have a certain amount of ignorance that I can tolerate. "I have a snake for SALE" is correct. "I have a snake for SELL" is not correct. I want a Ball AND a Boa is correct. I want a Ball AN a Boa is not.

Sorry, this has been simmering for awhile...

Dave

jsrocket
03-22-2007, 08:26 PM

That's pretty rich, coming from an admitted thief, who recently offered to ship someone rattlesnakes via FedEx.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=496871&postcount=120

Are you sure you and Lawson are not long lost twins?

Phil Bradley
03-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I agree with Suncoast Herpetological's statement that becoming a certified Fed Ex shipper is easy and worthwhile. My sales rep was wonderful to work with, he even called ahead to the hub that I normally ship out of to make sure everyone knew I was certified.