PDA

View Full Version : Questions about being a show vendor

Xelda
04-21-2007, 03:32 PM
I'll be doing my first show, and I'm excited! But I also have a lot of questions.

1) How do you store your money? Do you use a cashbox or keep a wad of bills in your pocket? I've worked in the restaurant business for ages, so it's occurred to me that I could wear my small apron. Would that seem bizarre?

2) Do you accept personal checks? I know I've had to use a check before to buy something at a show, but what's your policy? I was considering bringing my laptop with my own wireless service in case customers would like to Paypal me, but I worry I might be bombarded by other vendors' customers wanting to use it for transactions that have nothing to do with me. On the other hand, I'm able to check my e-mail using my phone, so I can look up Paypal notifications if someone went to another computer to make a payment.

3) For those of you who have vinyl banners, where did you get yours done, and how do you set it up?

4) Should I try to run a 6 foot table by myself, or would that be suicide?

hhmoore
04-21-2007, 07:34 PM
PayPal payments can be made by phone now, also - so there is no reason to offer, or allow, other vendors' customers access to your computer.
I had my banner made at Kinko's - for a very reasonable price (and haven't vended a show since, lol)