PDA

View Full Version : Crotalus

chondrogal
05-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I am called upon regularly by residents of my area to remove rattlesnakes from their homes. To date I have been relocating the snakes out in similar habitat but it's getting harder to find good release spots around here.

I would like to find someone that works with local species in whatever capacity that cares for the snakes well aslo. I primarily pick up Red Diamonds but occasionally a Southern Pacific. Yesterday I picked up 2 Rubers from the same home!

These are wild caught animals and I'm just hoping to find good alternatives to the disposition of these snakes. Animal control just shows up with a shovel and will kill them. I sure wish there was a better way.

There will be no monetary exchange for these guys. North San Diego/SW Riverside County area.

Some recent relocations:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/chondrogal/Native%20Species/030407CrotalusA.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/chondrogal/Native%20Species/Ruber031107a.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/chondrogal/Native%20Species/release1.jpg

Zonata64
06-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Hello Cathy,

I know what you mean. I created and ran Snake Busters in NC and FL. I will take them. I will will keep many of them but I also provide zoos, museums, educators and some hobbyists with snakes. Are you a verified shipper with Delta? If not, I can drive out to get them. How long can you hold on to them for? I can't afford to do trips every week but once a month or so would be okay. Please let me know. My email is OHI2007@elp.rr.com

Thanks,

Mike Welker
El Paso, TX
915-595-8831
OHI2007@elp.rr.com

jkfild
06-03-2007, 01:51 AM
i will take a pair of them.can you shipp delta?i wish i could do more.i know a guy that owns ky.reptile zoo i will see if he will take any. email jkfild@yahoo.com

mambaman
06-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Is it legal to do that. Or do you have to have a permit or something. I'v been relocating Southern Copper Heads in my area (Missouri). And was wondering if its legal to give them to keepers, breeders and etc. Because im afraid the ones i'v been relocating are just getting killed. Everyone around here kills basically every snake they see.

kapone619
06-16-2007, 02:10 PM
i live in fall brook and would like to take them off your hands.i have 2 big reds already

Kingetula
06-16-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm in Fl. I have a Ven. snake License with the state of Florida.

I would love to take some. PM me please.

I use to live in Poway. Caught many S. Pasific. I also like the Reds but didn't catch many.

Shannon Beard
06-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Cathy, I live up the coast in Port Hueneme and would drive down to pick up a few helleri to release up here in some fine places and also know some good ones for my all time favorite the Red Diamond. They should be released only where they normaly live but you know that.
I don't know or not if you can mail them out of the state? Can you?
My name is Shannon.

renojake
11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I would like to drive down and pick up 2 or 3 from you.I have experience with hots,especially rattlesnakes.please message me back so I can give you my #.thanks
jake

jforceno1
07-04-2009, 11:33 PM
I own Torriano's Serpent Capture and Release in Baxter Florida, If you would contact me and let me know weather you can send them to me, I would love to have them.

Torriano Alvores

southeasternvenom1968
07-25-2009, 11:58 PM
I have venomus permit with fl and would love to get some of your catches from you can you ship delta

notslip0602286
07-27-2009, 01:53 PM
i can come pick them up now, i am in san diego. email me your phone number. notslip0602286@aol.com. thanks

hotlips
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Cathy, I used to rescue/relocate rattlers in the Joshua Tree area for many years, only keeping those that were not healthy or in captivity too long. When I moved out of state 3 years ago I ended up placing my 5 longterm residents because even tho people can kill these, CA Fish & Game does not allow them shipped out of state without an enormous papertrail, as they are "protected by law"...be careful you don't get in trouble for being kind...and I sincerely appreciate what you are trying to do...been there!

raptor1
11-29-2009, 02:35 AM
I live in Central California and would be glad to help you with any of your rattlers

Thanks,
Michael
flierrrr@aol.com

wallsone
01-06-2010, 01:28 AM
CAN YOU SHIP THESE I WOULD REALY LOVE TO GET SOME OF THESE

notslip0602286
01-06-2010, 04:31 AM
this ad is very old. Unfortunately these adds stay here and aren't removed. ohwell