• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Red Banner on Fauna

Robert Walker

---------------
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
409
Points
0
Location
USA
Everyone see the Red Banner up top on Fauna??

Please don't ignore it. Take 2 easy minutes and sign the petition if you already have not, this affects us all in some form or fashion.

I just also posted it on Craigslist as well.

We all went bananas to support some corny FOX news poll recently, lets support the real deal instead as vigorously too!:yesnod:

THANKS GALS & GUYS!!
 
I don't even own any of the species affected but took the time for me, my wife, and my 8 y/o son all signed the petition.
 
That's what I'm talking about Mike, good job!

I don't own any either that are "currently" on the list. The list of today might not be the list of next year. 4 gone now, how about another 5 next year???

I have owned burms in the past, all great snakes!!
 
Last edited:
I agree that it won't stop here, I bet hots will be next. How long until it gets to my balls? I've had burms in the past as well, and agree they are awesome animals. Please people take the time, we still need 22000+ signatures.
 
The USARK Demagogues declared it "useless"
Again its clear folks have their own agendas or chosen coarse of action.
You all that pledge public allegiance to USARK,yet openly choose to do
"your own thing".

:shrug01: is it not right to question such?
 
I consider myself to be a half way intelligent person, but I can't make sense of what your post is trying to convey?

Are you bitter at USARK?
Are you bitter at those who sign the petition?
Are you bitter at the new law?
Whose "agenda" are you against?

Please do clarify for those like myself. Thanks!
 
Clarification :rofl:

I consider myself to be a half way intelligent person, but I can't make sense of what your post is trying to convey?

Are you bitter at USARK?
Are you bitter at those who sign the petition?
Are you bitter at the new law?
Whose "agenda" are you against?

Please do clarify for those like myself. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 22 14.02.gif
    ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 22 14.02.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 166
This petition is for the whithouse, meaning that it is meant for the president to guage public reaction to laws. This enables him to make informed decision about whether to veto or not. So even if the law passes, this petition has a chance at having an effect. We can't hurt the situation by signing it. As far as USARK is concerned, I distrust any institution that collects their paychecks from my donation, especially any that are linked to politics.
 
Rationalization/Justification. . . . .
On-Line Petitions are not read by invisible supporters,its FLUFF!
(Select All- Delete) There is no law stating they must read or retain such
data.
Wyatt knows this,hence the response given regarding the current position
regarding petitions,whether its to Santa,Jesus or the Whitehouse
Pro-Active Fluff is just that,self serving warm fuzzy's do nothing toward
advancement of a cause.

There are at least 2,300+ people that will soon learn first hand :thumbsup:
 
I am at a point where I am upset about the ban and the prospect of the ban going further. So I have a couple of options that I see personally right now...

1. Do nothing (this is what I have been doing until now, since I don't keep large constrictors)

or

2. Try to do something with a group voice.

After reading the 160 page USF&W Invasive Species Listing, the only group mentioned that I could find that actually stood up and tried to do anything about it was USARK per the governments own doc.

So I joined USARK today. Perhaps USARK can help.
I also signed the petition. Perhaps the petition can help.
Perhaps other things can help.

The only thing almost guaranteed, is that if we do nothing, then we will for sure lose, and perhaps lose even more. So for now, I would rather run with something that is a "perhaps", than do nothing any longer.

If someone has a better non "fluff" idea, I am all ears. If all we can do is point fingers and say that won't work, but don't have any other suggestion in its place, that appears even more useless than the "fluff"???

Have a realistic non fluff idea to share?
 
Last edited:
Your loosing because you are fighting what they want you to fight
Until it reaches the hearts of the fans,its all for not once the last hammer falls.
This is all about BIG MONEY Sugar Corporations,Pythons and assorted
non native invasive species is not what this is about.
The Ban is the "TOOL" they will use to cover everybody's azz.
Learn one thing in politics,all parties involved are POLITICIANS
POLITICIANS, LOBBY and "Lobby" defined is bribery

Folks need to learn a thing or two about playing Poker ;)

And this is exactly why we are losing right here...
 
I wonder why in your comments you use "Your loosing because you"

Why not, "We are loosing because we"...

Do you not have an interest in a solution?
If this is an absolute unwinnable fight, than we should all just pack up, leave and let BIG SUGAR kick us in the butt.

If it is at all winnalbe, I am still waiting to hear about the non-fluff poker move the rest of us should supposedly know about.

I am still all ears to hear about it...
 
If "You"(the effected)(which includes my self)
Continue to "believe" USARK will over throw Big Sugar Money Politics
fighting a reptile ban,then YOU have in fact a futile venture ahead.
 
I wonder why in your comments you use "Your loosing because you"

Why not, "We are loosing because we"...

Do you not have an interest in a solution?
If this is an absolute unwinnable fight, than we should all just pack up, leave and let BIG SUGAR kick us in the butt.

If it is at all winnalbe, I am still waiting to hear about the non-fluff poker move the rest of us should supposedly know about.

I am still all ears to hear about it...
That's the thing with Tommy. Instead of helping and educating people, he just puts them down. Its expected.
 
If "You" like myself see the writing on the wall and heed to it
understanding the hands have been dealt and its USARKS turn around the table
fold,check or raising the pot is whats before them.
Understanding who the Dealer is(Big Money Sugar),are you willing to bluff and raise the table with the threat of a Law Suit?

If your were FFWS,PETA,HSUS sitting with the most chips how much would you worry
about the out come of the hand being played.
Win or Loose they have MORE CHIPS!
 
Back
Top