FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shows & Events (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=458)
-   -   STEEL CITY REPTILE EXPO! September 12, 2009! (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141364)

mvite 07-31-2009 12:46 PM

STEEL CITY REPTILE EXPO! September 12, 2009!

I'm not an organizer or affiliated in any way---but some very good friends of mine are whipping up a new REPTILE EXPO in Washington, PA.

Check it out at http://www.steelcityreptileexpo.com

Paul Wyble and Ben Corcetti are the promoters putting the show together and they are doing it first class--and the old fashioned way--by inviting vendors personally.

Paul and Ben have been hoofing it all over the Eastern US personally inviting some of the biggest names in the business--YES, INCLUDING ME! :rofl:

It's OFFICIAL! For all you rodent meat lovers, RODENT PRO has just signed on and will be there with fine furry frozen friends!

The policy is "pay first and then you will be listed on the site" so check the site there are new additions almost every day!

It's no secret that PA has one of the largest reptile hobbiest bases in the country. There are shows that come and go all the time.

The Steel City guys are working hard and realize that it's their job to make it worthwhile to visit the show. There are 2 entire buildings that can be filled. Paul and Ben have already had breezeways constructed to connect the two buildings from the weather.

There will be radio ads hitting any day--and possibly live radio broadcasts from the show.

The venue seems farther than other "local" Pittsburgh area shows---but it's much closer to the major highways--allowing vendors from the Midwest to consider attending.

I'm excited for the first show and hope to see you there. Especially if you are hot. :yesnod:

Shadera 07-31-2009 01:13 PM

I'm not hot, but I look forward to being there. Sounds like it's gonna be a killer show. Much easier for me to get to than the Pittsburgh ones, and much closer.

mvite 07-31-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs (Post 747059)
I'm not hot, but I look forward to being there. Sounds like it's gonna be a killer show. Much easier for me to get to than the Pittsburgh ones, and much closer.

I received a text message from your hubby that proves otherwise!

You betta be there---and bring my bro Shawn--I know the snakes are growin' on him.

mvite 08-03-2009 11:39 AM

Check out the current vendor list!

http://www.steelcityreptileexpo.com/index-1.cfm

And remember--all of these vendors have COMMITTED to being there by paying their fees in advance. There's no chance of no-shows from that list---they've already paid.

Keep checking back!

porkchop48 08-03-2009 03:15 PM

I am not a hottie but I will be there.

Up to 27 vendors when I checked the site. Sounds like it is going to be a pretty good show.

I am very excited it is about 30 minutes from my house :-) I hope to have a good stock of frogs by then :-)

So are certain people going to end up having "exclusives" like they do at other shows? Some times that annoys me

mvite 08-03-2009 03:24 PM

As far as I know -- there won't be any exclusive arrangements with vendors.

From what I understand, Paul & Ben want to make this a hobbyists' show and are focusing on packing the house so that we can all buy what we need--and grow the hobby at the same time. It seems like every time I log on here their banner ad is at the top of the page!

I keep seeing Paul lurking here---he's probably too shy to post because I give him a hard time about his grammar and spelling. :D
\
I'm nearly positive that there won't be exclusive vendors---there are already a few "frozen rodent sellers"--and that's usually the part that people want to be exclusive.

porkchop48 08-03-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvite (Post 748644)
As far as I know -- there won't be any exclusive arrangements with vendors.

From what I understand, Paul & Ben want to make this a hobbyists' show and are focusing on packing the house so that we can all buy what we need--and grow the hobby at the same time. It seems like every time I log on here their banner ad is at the top of the page!

I keep seeing Paul lurking here---he's probably too shy to post because I give him a hard time about his grammar and spelling. :D
\
I'm nearly positive that there won't be exclusive vendors---there are already a few "frozen rodent sellers"--and that's usually the part that people want to be exclusive.

Good to hear. I really do dislike when only one person has crickets and then they don't have what I need, yada yada yada. :shrug01:

I ran off some copies of the fliers and have them posted at work and a couple of the places I frequent :-)
The more people the merrier.

:wavey: Hi Paul :wavey:

mvite 08-04-2009 02:34 PM

And ladies--stop with the not hot stuff. No one likes how they look--plus you will be dissuading attendees.

I on the other hand will gladly shake my money maker to attract people.

Edit: added--I'm doing it right now. You just cain't see me.

Shadera 08-04-2009 03:16 PM

And for those who haven't met him, Mark IS hot. :thumbsup: I vote for a booth to tuck a buck for usark or pijac or something like that. :rofl:

I've only been to one show in the area, is there a tortoise person around PGH that will be vending? I'll be attending in hopes of finding a redfoot or a yellowfoot.

porkchop48 08-04-2009 03:30 PM

Will he wear a man-tini?

I got a couple bucks I can spare :-) For a good cause anyways.

32 vendors listed on the site today :-)

mvite 08-04-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs (Post 749344)
And for those who haven't met him, Mark IS hot. :thumbsup:

I like to think that I'm beefcake made with more nutritious beef that is better and takes up less space.

mvite 08-04-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop48 (Post 749359)
Will he wear a man-tini?

I got a couple bucks I can spare :-) For a good cause anyways.

32 vendors listed on the site today :-)

Who says I'm not always wearing one?

I will consider some trades as well.

I'm glad to see it growing! The vendor list, I mean!

mvite 08-06-2009 10:56 AM

OMG--I'm getting a little ticklish downstairs trying to keep secrets about the newest potential vendors!

Paulie's phone is ringin' like he's working at a telethon! People are talking about The Steel City!

Just wait and see--one they commit and pay they will be listed!

porkchop48 08-06-2009 11:02 AM

Agghhh you are killing me..
First the suspense of not know if you wear a banana hammock daily
and then you throw out this .... not fair.

mvite 08-06-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop48 (Post 750339)
Agghhh you are killing me..
First the suspense of not know if you wear a banana hammock daily
and then you throw out this .... not fair.

LOL! I am glad that you are enjoying it--at least you and I are. I am cracking myself up.

It's nice to see these guys working like this. Wait and see--I hope it happens in the next few days. The problems lie in that there is a White Plains show the next day. It's a pretty far travel from our place to that one.

Tell all your friends to come to the show!

banana hammock--:eek:

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-06-2009 01:51 PM

I don't know if I'm hot enough but I already paid for a table Mark, haha!:yesnod:

porkchop48 08-06-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Shaffer Reptiles (Post 750422)
I don't know if I'm hot enough but I already paid for a table Mark, haha!:yesnod:

Are you going to be wearing some kind of exotic gutchies? if not I am no longer concerned about you having a table :toetap05:

They are def busting some ass to get people there. I think it is great.

I have been spreading the word :yesnod:

mvite 08-06-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Shaffer Reptiles (Post 750422)

Mike--You are totally hot, man. :throwup02

:D

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-06-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop48 (Post 750435)
Are you going to be wearing some kind of exotic gutchies? if not I am no longer concerned about you having a table :toetap05:

They are def busting some ass to get people there. I think it is great.

I have been spreading the word :yesnod:

My gutchies are always exotic!:o

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-06-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvite (Post 750443)
Mike--You are totally hot, man. :throwup02

:D

Haha! Maybe we should have a table just for the ladies huh???

Shadera 08-06-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Shaffer Reptiles (Post 750445)
Haha! Maybe we should have a table just for the ladies huh???

Please?

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-06-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs (Post 750458)
Please?

I'm gonna have to talk to Ben and Paul about putting an age limit on the show, lol!:reddevil:

mvite 08-06-2009 05:45 PM

I hope you guys know each other or else she's gonna beat your arse, Mikey!

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-06-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvite (Post 750549)
I hope you guys know each other or else she's gonna beat your arse, Mikey!

No No! I mean like, nobody under 18 aloud! Haha! Sorry about that! That did sound bad! I don't even know her age! Why do I feel like I'm gonna get slugged at this show for something I did by accident, haha?

mvite 08-06-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Shaffer Reptiles (Post 750649)
No No! I mean like, nobody under 18 aloud! Haha! Sorry about that! That did sound bad! I don't even know her age! Why do I feel like I'm gonna get slugged at this show for something I did by accident, haha?

LOL---I mistook that! Hopefully she gets to your explanantion before she replies! :D

Mike--Where did you come up with the name for your company?

Shadera 08-06-2009 08:11 PM

I'm just a big softie, Mark. You know that. :D Never been in a fight in my life beyond the cop stuff.

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-06-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvite (Post 750658)
LOL---I mistook that! Hopefully she gets to your explanantion before she replies! :D

Mike--Where did you come up with the name for your company?

Yeah me too! Sometimes I write faster than I think and I come up with....well, you see, lol!

My company.....? Well my name is Mike Shaffer and the reptiles are owned by me, so....Mike Shaffer Reptiles just worked and was really simple. Why? Don't you like it? I can change it for you Mark! I'm not picky, haha!

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-06-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs (Post 750675)
I'm just a big softie, Mark. You know that. :D Never been in a fight in my life beyond the cop stuff.

Thank God!!! I thought this was gonna be my last show, haha! Sorry for the confusion!:)

mvite 08-06-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs (Post 750675)
... beyond the cop stuff.

You beat those poor guys senseless. I remember seeing the video.

mvite 08-06-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Shaffer Reptiles (Post 750676)
my name is Mike Shaffer and the reptiles are owned by me..

You took all the funny out of it for me by 'splainin it like that. I was just picking on you.

mvite 08-06-2009 08:32 PM

Also---I hesitate to share this because I know I'll get someone else all interested in them and then they will buy them out from under me.....but---

I'm thinking about getting some albino red-eared sliders....but I'd like to get 4-6 of them of course...gulp. I hope someone there has some nice turtles and such.

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-06-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvite (Post 750687)
You took all the funny out of it for me by 'splainin it like that. I was just picking on you.

I know man! I'm just like that! You can try again. I'll play along, lol!:shootfoot

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-07-2009 11:13 AM

Up to 34 vendors!!

porkchop48 08-07-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Shaffer Reptiles (Post 751013)
Up to 34 vendors!!

You know that was my job to count the vendors.......Now what am I going to do.

I think Mark has no right to talk about names..... ppfftttt Awesome aquatics.

Do snakes swim well? Can you frag them?

mvite 08-07-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop48 (Post 751149)

Oh no you dittnt.

I went and paid the stupid lawyer to set up the coral biz---why pay again?!

Plus if it was Awesome Snakes or Awesome Lizards people would get freaked out.

I like the A because it comes early in the alphabet. :yesnod:

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-07-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop48 (Post 751149)
You know that was my job to count the vendors.......Now what am I going to do.

Well I guess you could double check my count and repost, haha! I will leave it up to you from now on but no slacking!:NoNo:

Mark....Do you sell Sea Snakes?:shrug01:

mvite 08-07-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Shaffer Reptiles (Post 751191)
Mark....Do you sell Sea Snakes?:shrug01:

Nope--nothing aquatic at all any more. I don't even have my own fish tank!

HEY PAUL--

If you don't post something here soon, I'm likely to start some sort of poll--like "What color shirt should Paul where to the Expo?"

A.) Not white
B.) Any color but white
C.) Nothing whitish
D.) All of the above
E.) Blue

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-07-2009 08:25 PM

[quote=porkchop48;751149]You know that was my job to count the vendors.......Now what am I going to do.

Umm....It's time to count again! I'm not saying a word though!:crazy03:

porkchop48 08-08-2009 08:31 AM

37 vendors...

Mark makes sense not to pay the lawyers again. Completely understand. I just had nothing else to take a jab at. Nuthin.

mvite 08-08-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop48 (Post 751487)
37 vendors...

Mark makes sense not to pay the lawyers again. Completely understand. I just had nothing else to take a jab at. Nuthin.

LOL--I know--Nuthin else??? That's right, we met on the internets loooong ago!

There will be plenty to make fun of, as will show you my hog and balls very soon!

Many of my corns will still be in the egg, so that will have to wait for the next show.

I called Paul this morning--and guess what?

He and Ben were in Washington PA putting up fliers locally! They were literally canvassing business owners and veterinarians offices to round up some local interest and ask permission to post fliers.

I think it's great that they are working the vendor crowd and the attendee crowd.

It's so much more fun to bust on these guys than to give them props, but it's only fair of me. :thumbsup: