FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Suddenly can't respond to linked threads (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760394)

Helenthereef 06-13-2021 11:04 PM

Suddenly can't respond to linked threads

1 Attachment(s)
Just noticed this during the last week:
If I click on an email link to a thread I have subscribed to, I can read but not reply. Instead I get the request to join as below.

Also I am being asked to log in again every time I access the site through my normal channel (bookmark to Boas Discussion forum).

Neither are a major challenge for me, but obviously something has changed and thought you should know. If it makes any difference, I am accessing though a PC using Chrome.

WebSlave 06-14-2021 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helenthereef (Post 2261652)
Just noticed this during the last week:
If I click on an email link to a thread I have subscribed to, I can read but not reply. Instead I get the request to join as below.

Also I am being asked to log in again every time I access the site through my normal channel (bookmark to Boas Discussion forum).

Neither are a major challenge for me, but obviously something has changed and thought you should know. If it makes any difference, I am accessing though a PC using Chrome.

Normally this means that you have a corrupted cookie in your browser. Clearing all cookies will usually fix this right up.

Helenthereef 06-14-2021 05:32 PM

Ok, I'll try that, thanks for the tip

Helenthereef 06-15-2021 12:09 AM

Yes, that fixed it thanks. Sorry for being such a doofus user! :o

Beyond GenetiX 06-15-2021 07:00 AM

I guess the only thing worse than corrupted cookies would be corrupted ice cream. :rofl::rofl:

WebSlave 06-15-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helenthereef (Post 2261853)
Yes, that fixed it thanks. Sorry for being such a doofus user! :o

Heck, the solution isn't very intuitive, so it is unlikely that most people would be able to figure it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX (Post 2261857)
I guess the only thing worse than corrupted cookies would be corrupted ice cream. :rofl::rofl:

Well, I don't know. Sure might piss off Santa Claus if you placed a plate of corrupted cookies out for him to eat on Christmas Eve night. That would probably earn you a bag of coal. :D

Beyond GenetiX 06-15-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 2261884)
Heck, the solution isn't very intuitive, so it is unlikely that most people would be able to figure it out.

Well, I don't know. Sure might piss off Santa Claus if you placed a plate of corrupted cookies out for him to eat on Christmas Eve night. That would probably earn you a bag of coal. :D

😂🤣well I was looking out for myself with the ice cream comment, forgot all about jolly (probably not if he get warm ice cream) St Nicholas.