FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   After 15 years away I came back to find..... (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=761996)

M.Dwight 07-02-2021 10:31 PM

After 15 years away I came back to find.....

...the same old crap. People still selling obvious imports as captive bred/born. People still using the old bait and switch by putting photos in the classifieds of different snakes than they advertise. What a shame. I guess some things never change. Glad I got out. See you in 15.
Have a happy fourth

tcp2 07-02-2021 10:37 PM

What an upper of a post. Good thing we will not have to see it again for 15 years.

V675210 07-02-2021 10:38 PM

Lol I agree

Socratic Monologue 07-02-2021 11:02 PM

Huh, that's nothing.

I was at the grocery store today, and the first three apples I picked up were bruised. Apparently, the entire grocery infrastructure in this country is trash. :ack2:

Or maybe I just need some Tylenol and a nap. Hard to tell sometimes. ;)

M.Dwight 07-02-2021 11:10 PM

But it's not like there's just one bad apple. I went through four (yes FOUR) bad apples today to find the one good one.
Have you seen the classifieds lately? It's ridiculous.

animal-house 07-03-2021 12:27 AM

Pleaseeeee stay the hell away. We don’t want you anyways with that attitude.

WebSlave 07-03-2021 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dwight (Post 2264101)
...the same old crap. People still selling obvious imports as captive bred/born. People still using the old bait and switch by putting photos in the classifieds of different snakes than they advertise. What a shame. I guess some things never change. Glad I got out. See you in 15.
Have a happy fourth

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.Dwight (Post 2264106)
But it's not like there's just one bad apple. I went through four (yes FOUR) bad apples today to find the one good one. And I'm not 100% sure about them.

Yeah, some things never change, I guess. Just like me constantly having to nag people about having more than one account on this site. People.... gotta love 'em...
:rolleyes:

Socratic Monologue 07-03-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.Dwight (Post 2264106)

Yes, actually I have. I look at them nearly every day, not just the ones for animals I'm interested in, but I scan all the ads to see what hobby trends are, and to make mental notes of what buyers and sellers are selling and saying. I comment on some of the ads, and give helpfully-intended comments on discussion threads. I keep a list of sellers and buyers who appear less than legit, so that my future transactions will be guided by these observations.

I post ads, and reply to ads and make purchases. I also scan ads on other similar sites, and evaluate the differences between this site and those others, and to see how sellers who are on multiple sites operate on, and are responded to on, each site. This is why all my online transactions take place here, and why I support this site with a small donation.

So, yes, I think I have a fairly decent grasp of the conditions of the classifieds.

M.Dwight 07-04-2021 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue (Post 2264128)
I keep a list of sellers and buyers who appear less than legit,

I wish I'd had that list yesterday. I think I ran into everyone of them :ack2:

Of course I realize the VAST majority of people on the boa classifieds are fine. But if you knew what I went through yesterday you wouldn't blame me for letting out a little steam.
This was my first boa purchase in 20 years so I was hoping it would go a little smoother. It gets a little frustrating when AFTER you pay the seller informs you they have to check if the boa in the images is the actual boa they're shipping :face_palm_02:
Can you really blame me for my post?

WebSlave 07-04-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.Dwight (Post 2264215)
I wish I'd had that list yesterday. I think I ran into everyone of them :ack2:

Of course I realize the VAST majority of people on the boa classifieds are fine. But if you knew what I went through yesterday you wouldn't blame me for letting out a little steam.
This was my first boa purchase in 20 years so I was hoping it would go a little smoother. It gets a little frustrating when AFTER you pay the seller informs you they have to check if the boa in the images is the actual boa they're shipping :face_palm_02:
Can you really blame me for my post?

And that would be the fault of this site how, exactly?