FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lonely Hearts Club Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   Recreational debate (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70445)

Lucille 07-18-2005 02:12 PM

Recreational debate

After hanging around for a while, I notice that many debates on the internet follow a formula. Someone says something, and then someone else (someone #2) says something completely different. Someone #1 gets their knickers in a knot and says something they probably ought not be saying about someone #2, and then someones #3,4,5 et al, chime in with their take on the situation.

This is an exercise, just for fun, to recreate the typical internet debate tempest. Because it is just for fun, I will not be using ANY hot button words to start it off, such as **venomoid, dumbass, USPS, or Lucille**.

So, the way it works is that I will give an opening statement, and then it will turn into a complete free for all that y'all can respond to as you see fit, but not necessarily using any words or phrases that actually constitute a real argument, as this is supposed to be just for fun. Here goes:

"The sky is blue".

shrap 07-18-2005 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucille
"The sky is blue".

Not on a cloudy day.... dumbass.

How was that? :hehe:

Lucille 07-18-2005 02:22 PM

Now we need more someones chiming in with THEIR side, but that IS the way it goes.... :argue:

Lucille 07-18-2005 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrap
Not on a cloudy day.... dumbass.

How was that? :hehe:

Yeah, the sky is NEVER blue when it's raining venomoids, dumbass.....

shrap 07-18-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucille
Yeah, the sky is NEVER blue when it's raining venomoids, dumbass.....

IT IS if they are BLUE venomoids.

PaulSage 07-18-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrap
IT IS if they are BLUE venomoids.

Yeah, but if it's night-time how would you be able to tell what color anything is? Wait, let me guess... take it to photoshop and play with the tint and contrast, right?

If you ask me (and shame on all of you for not doing that in the first place) assigning color names to anything is just your opinion.

**The stars at night, are big and bright *clap clap clap clap* deep in the heart of Texas**

:dgrin:

kiote9 07-18-2005 03:08 PM

(The following is a true story. Only the names, places, and facts have been changed to protect the indecent.)

The sky was blue on that fateful day when an airplane containing express for the USPS developed a hole in the cargo area and rained down illegally shipped venomoids. The jerk who shipped them was a real dumbass!

But, the sky was blue that day Lucille!!!

Today the damn sky is gray and large drops of water are falling from it preventing me from sunning and swimming.

I'm blue :bawling:

kiote9 07-18-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulSage
If you ask me (and shame on all of you for not doing that in the first place) assigning color names to anything is just your opinion.

I heard somewhere that men see only 7 colors and women see like 252 shades.

DAND 07-18-2005 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiote9
I heard somewhere that men see only 7 colors and women see like 252 shades.

When shopping for shoes. :raspberry

Somebody had to jump :>off_to<:

PaulSage 07-18-2005 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAND
When shopping for shoes. :raspberry

Somebody had to jump :>off_to<:

How are there 7 colors of shoes, much less 252 shades? Black, brown or white, right? Unless you're a clown maybe. Or an elf.

(now we must continue off topic, with no more mention of the sky, k?) lol