FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geckos Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Trying to figure out my breeding plan... (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72555)

saltwaterreptiles 10-13-2005 01:01 PM

Trying to figure out my breeding plan...

Well.... I know MY breeding plan, as soon as my fiance and I tie the knot next summer there should be a wee Babstock HET Pomroy on the go, BUT, I'm thinking of my leos....

I have two main projects I want to work on, and a couple of misc. things... the main projects are a Bell Hybino project, and a Bell Blazing Blizzard project

I have....

1- Male Bell tangs
1- Male Blizzard
1- Male SHTCT
and 1 male mystery morph that is already accounted for.... lol... he is breeding with the female mystery morph, both are supposed to be blizzards, but there has been talk of them being pattys as some of you know....

In females I have

3 SHTCT's ( one baldy )
2 Blizzard
2 Bells tangs
2 Tremper tangs
2 Patternless
1 Het Tremper Tang/high yellow
1 mystery morph that is paired with the mystery male above....

So.... trying to figure out who goes with who here's what I have come up with.

Male Bell mated with the 3 shtcts - hybino project hets
Male Blizzard Paired with the 2 female bells - bell blazing project
Male Blizzard paired with the 2 tremper females - blazing project

so I am wondering what to do with the two pattys and the het tremper. I was thinking of pairing the Het tremper with the Bell to create some bell hets, but not sure and also, but the pattys, not sure at all... and this is what I am looking for, any suggestions? What would YOU fellas do with them given the males I have???

Thanks, I appreciate any input!

ByRandom 10-13-2005 01:34 PM

Cory,

If it were me I would pair the het Tremper with the Tremper male to produce more Trempers.. Although that is just me. That way you could have a few trempers to mess around with if you wanted to create more hets, try to make more tangerine trempers, jungle trempers, things to that affect.

If you don't want anymore trempers, then I would breed her to the Bell to make hets.

It just depends on your personal preference. I absolutely love Tremper Albinos so I am very biased.

saltwaterreptiles 10-13-2005 01:41 PM

that would work if I had a tremper male...lol... both my trempers, and the het tremper, are females....

ByRandom 10-13-2005 02:21 PM

Well then -- seems I read wrong, lol! Um.. You could always send her to me! LOL.. No I'm kidding...

That being said, breed her to the bell then.. I like Bells too... I guess... LOL

saltwaterreptiles 10-13-2005 02:26 PM

I was thinking of going that way, every-one here is familiar with the LVPA, or rainwater PA's, depending on who you are talking to. Might be nice to see some BellPA's. I'm sure there are people working on this now, but I'm not aware of anyone in my neck of the woods...

My only issue with that is overworking my poor Bell tang.... it will be his first breeding season and I wouldn't want to put too much stress on him....

ByRandom 10-13-2005 02:29 PM

I wouldn't really worry about that unless he started getting noticeably thinner. Then I would just house him by himself, fatten him up, and let 'im back at the girls! =)

saltwaterreptiles 10-13-2005 02:33 PM

lol... he's plenty chunky now.... and no problem getting him to eat thats for sure...

http://www.saltwaterreptiles.com/alb...toftangarn.jpg

g&mgeckos 10-13-2005 03:38 PM

Cory I have the answer to all of your problems - You need more Geckos! :>poke2<:

I would start a Bell Patternless project is I was you.
As far as the Tremper female I would either breed her to tha SHCT male or look for a good Tremper Male. You may want the male at some point anyway to help your other Tremper projects.

saltwaterreptiles 10-13-2005 03:40 PM

That would be the cure for sure.... BUT.... I need to slack off man! lol....

I think the bell patty project is the way I will go...

DeVackHerps 10-13-2005 05:58 PM

i love blizzards so i would house the blizzards and patty's together. but if your like albinos more go with the bellpa, from what ive seen and heard 1 or 2 people are starting the same bellpa project, but i havnt seen anyhting or heard from them in along time.(over a year) i say what ever you put together will look good. good luck