FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ball Pythons Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   What's My Morph? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577548)

Dovetail 06-01-2016 06:37 PM

What's My Morph?

4 Attachment(s)
Here is Titania, a foundling ball python (425.24 grams, 31 inches long) of unknown lineage. I traded a box of dubia nymphs for her when her previous owner, who'd purchased her from Petsmart for $120, decided she'd had enough of her puffing, hissing, and general strikiness.

We assumed she was a banana lesser pastel for a few reasons:

1. Local Petsmarts only carried normals and bananas this winter, and we assumed she was a mismarked banana tossed in with a bunch of "assorted" (AKA normals). I have no experience with the banana morph, so I wouldn't know what traits appear on "the checklist."

2. Her sides show a lovely fading upward to pattern from creamy white scutes, and her high yellowness is pronounced. She looks like banana taffy!

3. She has green and gold eyes

4. Her dark markings have that beautiful high blushing prevalent in pastels and white lips, though no fading on her pate. It is the color of burnt almonds, like her temple stripe.

So I present: exceptionally clean pattern, high yellow coloration, green eyes, white lips, clean white scutes, extreme pattern fade-up on sides, heavy blushing apparent in dark markings, and a developing white highlight around the edges of yellow markings lower down, nearer to her scutes, one black scale I suspect will shed out.

What is your very best assessment of this girl's heritage?
Butter? Enchi? Super Enchi? Pastel? Orange Ghost? Is there Banana there at all???

I will GREATLY appreciate your input, as everything I know about identifying morphs, I have either read or watched on your YouTube videos. And regardless of her heritage, I adore this beautiful, bitey-fighty girl, so don't worry about gilding the lily: if her morph were called "dreadful seepage," she'd be just as lovely to me.

Dovetail 06-02-2016 03:48 AM

How about lesser enchi pastel?

Dovetail 06-02-2016 04:18 AM

lesser super enchi?
banana enchi pastel?
banana lesser?
pastel butter enchi?
butter enchi hypo?
super enchi butter ghost?

Somebody slap me.

blbballs 06-02-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dovetail (Post 1914910)
lesser super enchi?
banana enchi pastel?
banana lesser?
pastel butter enchi?
butter enchi hypo?
super enchi butter ghost?

Somebody slap me.

Definitely lesser/butter. Definitely not banana/coralglow.
Maybe pastel. Probably enchi?
My best guess from my 7 short years working with ball pythons is that she is an enchi lesser.

Pasodama 06-02-2016 12:27 PM

I do not see Banana. Am leaning toward Pastel Butter/Lesser Ghost. Not sure that she has Enchi but I suppose it could be a possibility.

BTW Check her next shed to see if there is any pigment, at all, or a complete absence of it. If a complete lack, of pigmentation, then she is Ghost/Hypo (+).

Either way, she is a beautiful gal.

Dovetail 06-02-2016 03:34 PM

Thanks for the tip!

daguevara 06-04-2016 12:52 AM

Looks like a lesser enchi to me

Dovetail 06-04-2016 06:22 PM

I see your thinking, Daniel, but what about the green eyes and the blushing in the dark markings (look at picture 2 for best image of these). Don't these traits point to pastel?

As I'm just beginning to take BP morph IDs on as a skill, I'm particularly determined to learn "the rules" (so far as we know them) involved in IDing morphs. Thanks for your input and information!

daguevara 06-04-2016 07:28 PM

yea its hard to tell..possibly pastel in there...i just think the head would be a bit more blushed out..

daguevara 06-04-2016 07:30 PM

enchi lesser fire...http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...i-lesser-fire/ what you think?